PDA

View Full Version : Presidents Weekend @ the Vine-

kewlwhip
02-15-2009, 07:02 PM
saturday contest day-
brought one of my buddies whoms somewhat of a lurker here...hahahah..matt from WA. NE ways we started off on the troll...from beginning to end...matts a champ. We came up on the school a few times, and managed to land 5. When you come up on the school, its some serious double/tripple hooking...well we endeded 3 steelies, 2 rainbows. farmed, short-bit on at least a dozen. Trout dog and 2quick were able to see these steelie beauts. the steelhead on the troll/fight are some of the funnest/best lb per lb fish that you'll get bit on. get your drags ready, from bait or troll...these are a blast, specially when tails involved!
-oh yeah, matt was getting ready to net of the fish i had, and i tried to bounce it to the net- fish won-
Congrats doctorhook and FNN members who won saturday!

============

Sunday-
got together with whitney today at the vine..got tot he lake at 930 to try and start were i left off on saturday...told whit the deal and we were game...BONZER! SICKNESS...so we started off, and picking up colors, whit gets the first hit-! a jumper- and few fish started boiling on us in front as well...whit lands a sold 3.5lb bow CONGRATS! schoolin the schoolies...we kept on the bit, and got a few more hits..by then whit had to call it a day, and go to work...afterwards i continued again...and ran into uncle B, told him the deal in the water, and also ran into johnsfishing and father- congrats@!!...that little pow-wow was a good luck charm-...and one-leg...got to splitin up and continued onward...i caught 3 more trout, and also landed a niiiice 1 1/2-2lb crappie! Ended the day trollin alongside the phenom "blood" boat and watched fish literally jump between the rental and TOs boat...crazy...ne ways...saw jerry coming to close the lake down, so we continued to troll to the end. Saw hitts on, 2quick, and others on the "island" and wow the water is getting higher! soon the island will be unaccesable by car- lets see what this next rainstorm can produce...oh yeah, saw magic mitz too-timster, TM65, ps i smell a cookoff soon!!!

-tightlines

kewly

Troutman65
02-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Nice seeing you at the lake H. I thought it was :Cool: TO / Bob was at the lake today. Hope he did well. Nice report as always Kewly. See you next time .:Wink::Big Grin:

troutdog
02-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Sounds like you had a nice weekend Kewlio, great seeing you Saturday buddy. Hope to see you again really soon!

TD

kewlwhip
02-15-2009, 08:13 PM
ttttttttttttmmmmmmmmmmmm65555~

td- thanks for sharing the water at the drik'n hole! ;)

======

some pics

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/troutcrapie.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/trtcrpie.jpg

the rest were given away to feed a family!

Wingnut
02-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Kewly, you still owe me a guide trip at Irvine. :Wink:
On second thought, you owe me TWO trips. :ROFL: :Secret:
Nice job bro, keep up the good work! :Cool:

calico killer kevin
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice hob. I was out there on saturday too and I also got a 1.5lb crappie on a pink powerworm though.

Rooster
02-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice looking fish there kewly, Glad ya found some schools this weekend. Any epic battles with those steelies? Hope 2 cya out there sometime soon. Props

Seng90806
02-15-2009, 11:50 PM
do i see a crappie being caught? :LOL: looked like another great outing at the vine

Mondo21
02-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Nice report Kewly, It looks like everyone who fished over the weekend had a great time! Thanks for the pics.
Cindy:Big Grin:

Granny Fish
02-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the report. Now I wish we had brought the boat and did some trolling Sunday. We planned to come out Saturday, but we had a surprise visit from The Stickfighter Friday night all the way from Reno, NV. He spent the night and stayed until 12PM. He had an appointment with Mickey Mouse, so no fishing with Stickfighter this time. Saturday was a beautiful day for fishing in SoCal.:Cool:

PONTOON
02-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Okay everyone, if you want fish just follow Kewly around.:Cool:

Good going out there Kewly. Hope to see you in action soon Buddy.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Hitts0n
02-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Yea Kewly it ws fun ! See you real so0n buddy ! Thanks for the report:Cool:

Troutman65
02-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Good going out there Kewly. Hope to see you in action soon Buddy.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Too Funny PONTOON. Kewly is very hard to spot on the lake. Sometimes I find him, sometimes I don't. I know for sure he don't like being followed around on the lake .:ROFL::LOL::Wink:

kewlwhip
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey Kewly, you still owe me a guide trip at Irvine. :Wink:
On second thought, you owe me TWO trips. :ROFL: :Secret:
Nice job bro, keep up the good work! :Cool: oh man- you dont have to ask Arthur!
DD :Wink: is in the mix, for ya know who!

Nice hob. I was out there on saturday too and I also got a 1.5lb crappie on a pink powerworm though. yeah, the crappie was mmm mmm goood!

Nice looking fish there kewly, Glad ya found some schools this weekend. Any epic battles with those steelies? Hope 2 cya out there sometime soon. Props it was off/on w/ the schools...Rooster, will see ya reeeel soon!

do i see a crappie being caught? :LOL: looked like another great outing at the vine almost a hat-trick..i was tryna get T/O's kitty's lol

Nice report Kewly, It looks like everyone who fished over the weekend had a great time! Thanks for the pics.
Cindy:Big Grin: thank yoU!!

Thanks for the report. Now I wish we had brought the boat and did some trolling Sunday. We planned to come out Saturday, but we had a surprise visit from The Stickfighter Friday night all the way from Reno, NV. He spent the night and stayed until 12PM. He had an appointment with Mickey Mouse, so no fishing with Stickfighter this time. Saturday was a beautiful day for fishing in SoCal.:Cool: np- you guys will do damage...hey GF i found out you were the culprit making the yummy popcorn i "borrowed" from jimmy...can i borrow more? :Big Grin:

Good going out there Kewly. Hope to see you in action soon Buddy.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up: hahahaha...PONTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON- hardcore days on the cliffs :Wink: I don't mind if a few wingmen around, just the ones that don't pay attention and buzz off lures or more :Cool: Me and bob were side by side down the middle and the fish were jumping in between us..lol it reminded me of the earlier DVL days Terry! k see you soon...Hey, remember the trip...

Yea Kewly it ws fun ! See you real so0n buddy ! Thanks for the report:Cool: Hittsssssssssss!!!!!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Too Funny PONTOON. Kewly is very hard to spot on the lake. Sometimes I find him, sometimes I don't. I know for sure he don't like being followed around on the lake .:ROFL::LOL::Wink: hahahaah...thats because i've got some tm65 and jerry special trip tip bBQ on the boat! -ninja styles, didn't want to be spotted farming DD trouts! :ROFL: :Wink:

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-17-2009, 12:36 PM
congrats on the catches...looks like fun...nice work,
Gary

kewlwhip
02-17-2009, 04:41 PM
thanks gary- we just needed some guitar solo's after the good day of fishn! :Cool: hehh

karlow
02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
So what? Did I miss another party?
Crap, a week late again!

KP

kewlwhip
02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
lol- only parties here were if you landed a fish on the end of your line-

johnsfishing
02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Nice seeing you out there Kewly! way to go on the trout and that nice crappie :Envious: Good Trolling :Cool:

johnsfishing

trollmiester
02-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Hey kewly how much do you charge for a guide trip? lollol

kewlwhip
02-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Nice seeing you out there Kewly! way to go on the trout and that nice crappie :Envious: Good Trolling :Cool:

johnsfishing not as nice as your brookie that day! :Wink:

Hey kewly how much do you charge for a guide trip? lollol loll... i charge the fee of a LUND boat- hahahah...

lowe
03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Great report as always Kewlwhip lo ..