PDA

View Full Version : WSB at the wall

doghouse
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Took my buddy and his 2 boys out on Saturday. Since it was the first time for them, I didn't want to go out too far so we went to fish the wall right outside of LB.
We hooked up with a couple of nice sand bass, a couple of checkers a sculpin and a cabrillo (small). released all but 2 sand bass (for dinner).

One of the boys wasn't feeling too well and does some chumming, then his dad convinces him to fish a little bit more. Next thing you know, bendo!

He's struggling for his life, but I figure it's just another sand bass and he's just having a hard time 'cause he is sea sick. Finally, he brings it to the surface, and sure enough it is a big white sea bass. I couldn't believe it!
Has anyone else seen them right outside the wall? I think this must've been a stray or something.

Anyway, good day was had by all. If he sends me the pics I'll post 'em

cheers

phish
06-11-2007, 10:47 PM
congrats on the wsb...i have never caught one...but have seen others catch a few juvies there...

ish...

ghetto dad
06-12-2007, 06:42 AM
there are alot of them in the harbor, believe it or not.......

Tail Chaser
06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Good job on the WSB :thumb:
Last year dont think hardly anybody caught any.
This year there all over :P

fishnfool
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
A while back when I picked up bait from Nacho he said WSB were being caught on the backside of the wall at the sticks...(2 poles sticking up from the rocks).....went by there and it was a zoo so we went straight to cat.

SanDimasLMB
06-12-2007, 01:56 PM
theres actually WSB holding pens in Newport harbor and many escape and stay in the harbors.

mako chaser
06-12-2007, 07:52 PM
yeah i actually caught about a 20 pounder off the wall a couple years ago

JapanRon
06-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi doghouse,

The moo-moo I was on Wednesday that was fishing less than a couple of miles from the breakwater caught an 18 pounder!

Thanks for the report.

JapanRon