PDA

View Full Version : *HELP!!!* How do you get attractant out of carpet????

TimmayWOOHOO
02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
A whole bottle of baitmate bass attractant exploded in the back seat of my truck, and NOTHING will get the smell out! I took my garden hose and completely sprayed that part of the carpet for like 10 minutes, took lysol wipes and wiped down the whole area, sprayed goo gone over it and wiped it with a towel, then sprayed half a bottle of febreeze on it. It smelled fine last night but then it dried and the smell is back. Any suggestions????

MrScary13
02-15-2009, 05:57 PM
You can try cleaning it with a steam carpet cleaner, it should be able to clean it effectively. You can rent them at some grocery stores or borrow one from someone.

J. Owen
02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
wo i have had to get alot of stains out of my backseat lol
but never bad smells:ROFL:

Fish Dog
02-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I've heard that the proper procedure is to take a carpet knife and cut a square 2 feet bigger then the stain out of the carpet and pad below and then strategically place a large piece of furniture over the cut out area. When the spouse comes home you say, "Honey, I just though I'd re-arrange the room for you."

ghetto dad
02-16-2009, 05:33 AM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
sorry man.....looks like you wont be driving any girls in your vehicle soon

GD

RQ/Real Quiet
02-16-2009, 06:09 AM
You might want to take out the carpet and the underlaying. You might have to replace the under laying. Then go rent or buy a little hand held steam cleaner. While you're at it, don't forget the seats for and aft and if you have a cloth headliner as well. After all that has been done then try your lysol or other odor eaters. It will be one heck of a job but probably necessary, unless you want to pay someone at a auto body shop to do it.
Good luck

SQUIRREL
02-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Try Oxi clean stain remover. It work for me when my boy left mackerel in our fishing bag.

Nessie Hunter
02-16-2009, 09:18 AM
With what you have done already, the Scent is probably well dispersed into the entire area of carpet....

Your running out of options...
Might try a good deep Steam cleaning with odor guard added???

But probably going to have to replace a good sized area of Carpet & Padding. Dont forget to clean the metal floor good before you re-install the new stuff... :Sad:

Granny Fish
02-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Oxi clean may work for the stain but not so sure about the smell. I would recommend that you go to the pet store and pick up Natures Miracle. The one with the oxi base will work the best. You'll want to saturate the stain and let it sit for a bit and then press it with a towel. Repeat if needed. I swear by that stuff! Great for taking the fishing stains out of your clothes too.:Wink:

killerman
02-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Vinigar !!!!!.......Done.........

jim532
02-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Steam clean the carpet, then get an ozone generator and run it overnight in the cab of the truck. Ozone generator will kill that odor as long as you remove the source.

jim532
02-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Wonder if he got the stink out of the truck? or did he give up and drive it over a cliff?

CALFISHER4EVR
02-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Buy some stuff called'"SUPER CLEAN" FROM WAL-MART. That stuff clean everything!!!

willis949
02-21-2009, 05:48 PM
You should've taken that tweakers advice and used ths SHAMWOW

mrjonez
02-24-2009, 01:37 PM
try natures miracle. it works like magic on dog messes.

G420
02-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Vinigar !!!!!.......Done.........

vinegar is a good neutralizer for smells on any hard object but carpet will absorb the vinegar and smell like vinegar!!

mrjones idea is what i would try because it has an enzyme solution to neutralize smells like pee and poop.

atfish
02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Call a carpet cleaning service. Their steam cleaner are way beyond better than the ones you rent. (use to work for a carpet company) Their also have industrial strength special solutions for specific stains. I am assuming the attractant is oil base. They can also deodorize. shouldn't be more than 80 bucks. Anyway cheaper than ripping everything out and replacing it.

TimmayWOOHOO
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
i just got the car back from the shop after my rear differential took a ****. i thought i had the smell gone but it still smells, not as bad as it did though. actually barely at all. it's more of a funk than a super nasty painful stench. im gonna try natures miracle tomorrow I guess, just drench the whole car in it and dry it out overnight then febreeze it, hopefully that works.

Mister Twister
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
i just got the car back from the shop after my rear differential took a ****. i thought i had the smell gone but it still smells, not as bad as it did though. actually barely at all. it's more of a funk than a super nasty painful stench. im gonna try natures miracle tomorrow I guess, just drench the whole car in it and dry it out overnight then febreeze it, hopefully that works.The ozone machine-I have one, use it in my pick up,takes out cig stench,i smoke like a train.