PDA

View Full Version : Trabuco Creek for an hour.

RobMoney
02-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Haven't been in a while...decided to go check it out, since DFG reported it stocked last week.

Tons of mud. Road conditions the worst Ive seen in 8 years....some parts looked like SGR in the summer time, with the amount of trash I saw between the first and 2nd creek crossing.

I fished for about 40 minutes for no love. Ultralite rig with splitshot and salmon egg...NADA.

Place was packed with 4x4, MTB and hikers... huge puddles...some close to 2.5 feet deep.

I didn't stick around much...I've hiked this place 1000 times, I cant remember if I fished it...I know I wont be doing much fishing in the future.

I did however see this fine animal.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/RoBMoNeY/tc3.jpg

Troutman65
02-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the post about Trabuco Creek.

chivo
02-15-2009, 07:11 PM
nice pic. I've seen many deer and tried to take pics of them, buy when i see the i'm usually spooking them, on accident. They always jusm out of nowhere and look at me for a second , and jump off. By the time i'm done fumbling around with my camera is long gone or the pic comes out blurry.

RobMoney
02-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Usually it's the same for me...I spotted it about 75 yards away...I took a couple other pictures, as I drove by, it just stayed there. My window was down, I made a clicking sound...looked right at me for the picture...no more than 30 yards away.

I appricate nature and all its beauty....but I much rather would have enjoyed catching fish...hahahahaha

BigBass777
02-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Been a long time since fishing the creek. The dfg usually stocks the deeper pools with trout. One of the pools has a cement wall near it.

Basshole
02-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I live just down the street from there and I haven't fished it in years. Too many 4x4's and other clowns tearing the place up. I've had good luck there when I did fish it but the water needs to be moving pretty good for that to happen. Not sure if it has really enough water running through it now to be worth the effort.