PDA

View Full Version : Lake Oroville (spring break!)

VashFLCL
04-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Ok april 1 my mother and I packed up our camping gear, the boat, and our fishing supplies and headed to Lake Oroville. the unique part of this campout was that i was on a FLOATING campsite on the lake in a private cove that you boat into.the first day after going back and fourth to the launch ramp and the campsite, I decide to see if I can catch some Kentucky Spots, yes this lake isn't famous fo huge LMBs, but big Coho's, Kings, Sturgeon, Steelhead, and their fighting spotties. anyways i tossed a yum EEL on 12lb suffix near the crystal clear water( you could see round 30ft down), saw tons of schooling trout, beddingand/or spawning spots and a couple of cohos. No catches, THEY ALL SAW ME and my line. so I go back to the floating campsite(20ft away) and cook some burgers on the Char-gril propane gas grill that shiny and clean and go to sleep. i do this same thing up untill wednessday. in that time i find sub trees, brush, all kinds of stucture. im depressed and i have only five days left of fishing in which the days are going by like a snap. what i don't know is that wednessday my mother wakes me up at six and tells me to get dressed and showered, She has hired a guide prior to the trip as a suprise. Ron Gandolfi shows up in a triton fiberglass bass boat, we say our hellos get in the boat and race to his favorite fishing spots. he takes his rods out fully riged and hands me a fenwick trout rod, 6lb flourocarbon, and a gizit tube brn. tells me to toss it here, hit that rock there, jig it here. does the same to my mom. first hours were catching them left and right. my first cast i hook up, but not hard enough but it rips the drag, goes air borne, dives under the boat, then spits it out. Im still happy, because for four months i've been on a dry streak. we catch fish till three and end it with a double hook up (my mom gets the biggest spot of the day 3.4lbs) he takes us back and my mother and i go to the high end sports store to get a new rig. med phluger spin, yo-zuri hybrid 6lb, and Lots of gizits along with a pack of huddlestone craws and BANG craw spray. the rest of the weak i'm on top of the world caching them everywhere. when it was time to go and my mom had to put stuff away, i went down to the launch ramp w/ my new favorite setup and end the trip with a five minuete fight against a 4.9lb spot according to my berkley digi wieght. the people watching me are flipping out . espeially when I take three pics and release her.

Pics to come when wal-greens develops them and i have time to pick them up . promise to have them up before saturday.

VASHFLCL

Greg Madrigal
04-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Thank you for the great NORTHERN CALIFORNIA report. :wink:

This is the first post form there I've seen. Thanks for it!

GM

Ronira
04-16-2007, 04:46 AM
That sounds like a great trip. Your mom sounds like one sweet lady. I'm from northern Ca. and have family living next to that lake. You make me homesick. Thanks for the great report

Nessie Hunter
04-16-2007, 10:32 AM
SWEET....... :D :D

Will your mom adopt ME ????? :bang: :thumb:

one_leg
04-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Glad to hear you got some fish.

SWEET....... :D :D

Will your mom adopt ME ????? :bang: :thumb:

I'm sure she's tired of changing diapers by now Nessie!

Good try though.

Hitts0n
04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
8)

Troutman65
04-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Very Cool MOM you have!! Nice report with a happy ending.