PDA

View Full Version : trabucco creek

fishbone
02-15-2009, 12:46 PM
i fished trabucco creek on thu 2/12 i saw the dfg truck pass by my shop on wed heading east on chapman. talked to the guy at the general store he said they had stocked, well i fished all the crossings and all the deeper holes for 0 fish, i did not see a fish, not even a bite. the water looked great clear and running good. should be good once they get some fish in there.

chivo
02-15-2009, 12:58 PM
I always wondered if that creek was fishable. I've never really heard anything about it

Eat Sleep Fish
02-15-2009, 01:07 PM
if you saw the truck, they probably stocked. when trout first go into streams, it takes them about a full day to get situated in those pools. they swim around, usually together, trying to find cover.

fishbone
02-15-2009, 02:04 PM
if you saw the truck, they probably stocked. when trout first go into streams, it takes them about a full day to get situated in those pools. they swim around, usually together, trying to find cover.it actually was over 24hrs trout aclimate in less time than that. i have fished that creek sence i was a kid. most of the common stocking spots you can see the fish in the pools. the water is not running that fast or high its barley a trickle down by trabucco cyn rd. the further up the creek you go the more water flow. it will be good in a month or so. if you guys go dont forget your forest adventure pass.

thepuma
02-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Get em next time. :Smile:

Skyler
02-15-2009, 02:17 PM
if you saw the truck, they probably stocked. when trout first go into streams, it takes them about a full day to get situated in those pools. they swim around, usually together, trying to find cover.

Not neccesarily. I have seen the stocking guys take a few pH readings, test the temperature, then drive off without stocking at all. If the contitions are too cold, the current too fast or slow, the pH is off, or if there's not enough pools or deep runs, they will not stock the creek.

Eat Sleep Fish
02-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Not neccesarily. I have seen the stocking guys take a few pH readings, test the temperature, then drive off without stocking at all. If the contitions are too cold, the current too fast or slow, the pH is off, or if there's not enough pools or deep runs, they will not stock the creek.

this is true. i just assumed all those conditions would be good, considering the local creeks/streams around my place are running perfect for trout right now....too bad about the dfg lawsuit, we arent getting any fish this year:Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil:

Skyler
02-15-2009, 03:19 PM
this is true. i just assumed all those conditions would be good, considering the local creeks/streams around my place are running perfect for trout right now....too bad about the dfg lawsuit, we arent getting any fish this year:Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil:

Actually, all of the BS happening to the stocking program up north will actually HELP us Socal residents, as the stockings will start to make their way out of the eastern sierras, and into socal resevoirs and streams. Perhaps us poor saps in the inland deserts region (who have to share our stocked fish with the E. Sierras. Talk about the short end of the stick, lol) will finally get a few catfish planted again.

cjschock
02-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I have been fishing there for the past 4 years and there has been more than one time when they have it listed for a stock and never show up. I can imagine that even with the rain there is that much water back there yet. I was back there in November and it was pretty dry. Hopefully it will get stocked soon because it is a fun place to fish.

Troutman65
02-15-2009, 06:35 PM
I have seen Trabuco Creek get raped after a stocking by people. I have even seen people sharpen sticks and spear the trout in the pools. Just crazy the S*** you see people doing up there just to get the trout. I have talked to the Game Warden who patrols the area and told him of these goings ons. He said they have to be there to do anything about it. I said all you have to do is show up after a stocking and you will see what goes on.

smanx57
03-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I was there this past weekend and pulled a 9 inch and a 12 inch out of the deep pool. Water was runniung pretty good and fast for the creek. Couldn't see the fish, usually you can. My buddy didn't get any, but the week berfore he did limit out. I heard it was stocked the week of Feb 22.

boxl0bster
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
I have seen Trabuco Creek get raped after a stocking by people. I have even seen people sharpen sticks and spear the trout in the pools. Just crazy the S*** you see people doing up there just to get the trout. I have talked to the Game Warden who patrols the area and told him of these goings ons. He said they have to be there to do anything about it. I said all you have to do is show up after a stocking and you will see what goes on.

awesome, thats how Fn easy it is to catch these type of people. its that simple. since theyre so understaffed and what not all they have to do is show up after the stocking. thats 6 days of the week they dont have to patrol that area and focus on other trouble spots....

anyways thanks for the report, ive been to streams/creeks many times and they didnt stock. hopefully next time.

cjschock
03-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Went there today and had 3 on jigs. Was there last week and had 2 one a little over 14" they are suppose to stock this week but didn't look like they had been there yet. All fish were caught out of the stream sections and not the holes. Saw another guy with a few and they were also out of the stream itself.

Mister Twister
03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
I have seen Trabuco Creek get raped after a stocking by people. I have even seen people sharpen sticks and spear the trout in the pools. Just crazy the S*** you see people doing up there just to get the trout. I have talked to the Game Warden who patrols the area and told him of these goings ons. He said they have to be there to do anything about it. I said all you have to do is show up after a stocking and you will see what goes on.Raped is the right word.I don't write reports on places like this,they did not stock.

DaFish
03-14-2009, 08:48 AM
I walk up with my son 5 miles up and 5 back.
We caught 4 or so but did not stay too long as we had to walk back.