PDA

View Full Version : line question

G420
02-15-2009, 12:45 PM
anyone know of a good line with the least amount of memory, ive tried many different brands like maxima green , trilene, stren and so on but found line memory in all of them.
im always looking for moss green line and using it on both spinning and baitcast for salt/fresh

Nessie Hunter
02-15-2009, 01:00 PM
If your looking for NO memory..
Braided line (spectra) or the Fireline Crystal...

About your only options...

G420
02-15-2009, 01:18 PM
thanks nessie for the fast reply, ill give one of those a shot ..... i get to go to turners!!!!

makersmark
02-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Try the fluorocarbon lines, they have very little memory. Seaguar is a great line.

http://www.seaguar.com/Products_IX.html

calico killer kevin
02-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Just about any true braided line has as close to zero memory as possible.
If you're looking for a mono/copoly line, then try Yo-Zuri Hybrid or Hybrid
Ultrasoft.
For fluoro, Seaguar InvisX is a great all around line.

Socal Bassman
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
For mono. I like Izorline Platinum or McCoy Mean Green. Although, most of my reels now are spooled with either Seaguar or Sunline fluorocarbon.

DarkShadow
02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Sunline Metan treats me well.

Defier does too.

Koshaw
02-24-2009, 05:46 AM
I really like the Spectra Power Pro.

It has no memory and is very very thin and extremely strong. In fact, so thin that I need to wear gloves to cast!

The 8lb test is 1 lb mono diameter and tears up my thumb when I cast with a 1oz+ weight.

The stuff is great, and casts beautifully.

There are special knots because its best to use with a leader...

I havnt broken off this line yet! BTW buy Ideal@ scissors to cut the stuff...they are really nice...normal scissors dont cut the line very well at all and nail clippers suck...

I heard an over hand knot and then a uni knot is best for mating this braided line with a fluoro or mono leader.

Tight Lines All!