PDA

View Full Version : wacky rigged 4'' and 5''senkos what size hooks

bassin g
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi I recently saw some Gamakatsu finesse wide gap hooks at walmart and was wondering what size to buy to wacky rig a 4'' and 5''senko any info would be very helpful.

Nessie Hunter
02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
They have some elastic (like rubber bands) that you put on Senko or ??
And just hook under that...

Dam, cant recall the name...
Someone will throw it in there Im sure...

Or you can use the EWG hooks and skin hook or ???

HEMAN
02-15-2009, 02:10 PM
those are just O-Rings that go with the wacky tool. Looks like there are a couple different companies that make them now. but that's the basic idea.

The O-Ring sits on the egg sac area and helps to hold the worm...

http://www.wackytool.com/tool.jpg

Skyler
02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Or you can use the EWG hooks and skin hook or ???

If you are gonna skin hook 'em, you can use standard 1/0 mosquito hooks. Bear in mind you will lose more plastics though. Sometimes just on the cast or set, no fish required, lol. Those rubber bands look pretty cool though. I'm gonna have to check 'em out.

That Dang Guy
02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Go buy a wacky rigging tool. It puts the o-ring as shown above. I've used the gama finesse wide gap in size 1 for 4" and 5" senkos and 1/0 for 6" senko.

I really like the weedless ones as well, but I prefer the owner weedless versus the gama weedless ones. The gama one eventually wear down and won't hold onto the barb.

LunkerLover
02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Good tip out of BASS magazine...

Basically it went something like this... "Because expensive Senkos get tore-up after 4 or 5 wacky-rigged casts, instead of pricey o-rings, try using the twisty ties from the produce section at the supermarket. Tie em around the worm, clip off the excess and put the hook through the twisty tie... " PLUS, those twisty ties come in yellow, red, blue and other contrasting colors....