PDA

View Full Version : #48 Fourpeat?

GdHkSet1
02-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Yea I know I should be fishing today, but cmon todays the Daytona 500. Can the 48 Cajon dude do it again this year?

xtranzman
02-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Yea I know I should be fishing today, but cmon todays the Daytona 500. Can the 48 Cajon dude do it again this year?

I sure hope not. :Angry:

I am hoping for a Hendrick driver to take it though..

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/nastruk/Mark5Kelloggs.jpg

Hoping the Old Man can give 'em hell this year. :Thumbs Up:

X

Ronira
02-16-2009, 04:22 AM
Carl Edwards might have something to say about it before it's over. I think Kyle Bush has a shot as well. Jimmie Johnson has a lot of guys who want to knock him off the pedestal.

boojoo
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah i hope Jimmie wins again this year. I'll be there on Sunday. I'll be in the #48 pit this weekend. I'm so excited!!! Go JIMMIE!!!!

JENSEN500
02-17-2009, 05:50 PM

not a chance in hell!! lookin at jr. to rise to the top this year.watch these new rookies and the stewart camp to make a good showing this season!

GdHkSet1
02-17-2009, 06:57 PM
09 Daytona- Good to see Kenseth pull off a win. Been a long time since he has had the checkered. Jr had a very bad day, Fontana unrestricted should be a good one.

Fisherman57
02-17-2009, 07:37 PM
IMO.... Johnson will more than likely not repeat...... He's already off to a dismal start. First race and he's 31st in points, not the way to start things out by any means.

As for Kenseth winning..... put an BIG asterisk next to that win, because he certainly didnt have the fastest car, but the fact that he was leading when the rain hit earned him a cool $1,575,390.00 while he was parked on pit road with an umbrella.

What I don't understand is why they didnt wait out the rain? I had a couple friends that attended the race and they said the rain stopped in about 30 minutes for about an hour..... based on that, if they dried the track in two hours it would have only been around 8:30PM and Daytona has lights...... oh well, we'll never know.

I wonder how the Shell executives felt (Shell sponsors Harvicks car) as they sat in their expensive suite and watched Harvick push Kenseth to the front only to have the race called for rain and not have their car have the chance to challenge Kenseth for the win?

Kinda like ending the Super Bowl after 3 periods because the scoreboard goes out and whoever is leading is declared the winner. Congrats Kenseth on winning the Daytona 380.

I know my buddy Roy (Xtranzman) was rootin' for ol' Mark Martin and he sure had a fast horse Sunday, but he like the others also never got the chance to give it one final shot.

The fact remains though, ALL the drivers knew the rain was coming and Kenseth made sure he was at the front when it started.

As for Junior, I would love to see him win it all, but it'll never happen with his cousin as his crew chief.

Stewart did a great job and finished 3rd (wonder how Gibbs felt when Logano drilled the wall in the Home Depot car and finished dead last).

AJ Allmendinger continues to impress.

See ya at California!

Cow Patty, you gonna be there with your trailer?

deanhall32
02-18-2009, 06:59 AM
I like A.J. alot and I think he will win a race this year. Kind of too bad it will be in a Petty car. He might have more wins if he was with a super-team.

Jeff Gordon will get comeback driver of the year.

Kyle Busch will continue to piss people off.

Bout time Earnhart Jr. got aggressive!

Jimmy will win 2 races this year!

See ya Saturday for the trucks and Nationwide and I will see you next weekend in Vegas for the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races!!!