PDA

View Full Version : yucaipa on val day

christainmetalhead909
02-15-2009, 12:15 AM
went up to the top lake to try my luck fished from 8 to 1 no love on lures jigs or worms got 4 good hits on corn flavor pb and lost em all ended up catching one on rainbow but mostly green in it casted in the middle of the lake. people on south shore were having a lot better luck then north shore for some reason. all and all a great day to be out felt good to get a fish in once again its been a long time for me. peace God bless.

christainmetalhead909
02-15-2009, 12:16 AM
crap sorry wrong spot for this report

Santa Fe Eric
02-15-2009, 01:18 AM
This lake is on my to do list.
Thanks for the report.

Team_Strike
02-17-2009, 07:09 AM
went up to the top lake to try my luck fished from 8 to 1 no love on lures jigs or worms got 4 good hits on corn flavor pb and lost em all ended up catching one on rainbow but mostly green in it casted in the middle of the lake. people on south shore were having a lot better luck then north shore for some reason. all and all a great day to be out felt good to get a fish in once again its been a long time for me. peace God bless.

I was on the South shore that day, i got alot of hits, but mostly Swing AND a MISS! what happen was my line was too tight, you know when you cast out and you reel in the slack, and it is some what tight, fish were hitting all day, but once they felt the resistance of the line, they would just let it go.
So after a few missed Strikes, I put alot of slack in my line. I would Cast out my line, 2 cranks of the reel and sit it down, after a few mins i saw my line getting tight and WWHAAM, got 4 Fish after that. 2 - 3 lbs No big boys:mad:
all and all it was a good day. I will be going out again this friday, anyone wanna join me PM me.

christainmetalhead909
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
nice did you see the older guy catch the huge trout must of been like 6 lbs.

Team_Strike
02-18-2009, 05:40 AM
nice did you see the older guy catch the huge trout must of been like 6 lbs.

Yea, he caught it on Salmon egg Scented powerbait, that was the only nice one he caught. some Other guys were jiggin between us and he caught a nice 4lber on a red smoked jigg, you know the old skool yellow 3 pack. :Big
Grin:
where were you fishing at. . . ? any luck over there. . .?

christainmetalhead909
02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
north shore kinda by where the water is supposed to be coming in the lake. i was there with my girl friend.