PDA

View Full Version : bluegill/tilapia lures/bait ?

lilmystery246
02-14-2009, 08:45 PM
hitting up laguna lake juss to have fun catch and realeasing the small bluegills at laguna lake in fullerton. im going to walmart to see if theres any mini grubs or somethin that works good for bluegills and tilapia. i was hoping if you guys can give me any suggestions on lures for bluegill/tilapia. any info whould help thanks =]

jbassc
02-14-2009, 09:03 PM
hitting up laguna lake juss to have fun catch and realeasing the small bluegills at laguna lake in fullerton. im going to walmart to see if theres any mini grubs or somethin that works good for bluegills and tilapia. i was hoping if you guys can give me any suggestions on lures for bluegill/tilapia. any info whould help thanks =]

I dont think the gills are real active right now cause of the cold weather but i think wax worms will work good right now, If the weather was a little hotter i would go with a small trout fly,just use 2 pound test and a small splitshot.

Manny
02-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Try using a mealworm on a small hook and a bobber. Works for me everytime.

TonyLisa
02-14-2009, 10:12 PM
drop shot a real small tube bait white or black works for me i get them at turners outdoors they come with a jigging hook inside but i take that off and put the tube on a small size 10 mosquito hook

Slims
02-14-2009, 10:14 PM
tilapia dont eat in the cold. A lot of times they die if it gets too cold. They are a tropical fish. Laguna is small so maybe they will hit. The best bait for tilapia is small chunks of night crawler. Really, it is second to none. Bluegill love wax worms and crickets.

Dr. MindBendo
02-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Try using a mealworm on a small hook and a bobber. Works for me everytime.

What he said. :Cool:

smokinflies
02-15-2009, 11:39 AM
bluegills are inactive and deep this time of the year, so you're gonna have to fish deep water.

i would try live worms. don't forget to pump them up so they float.

good luck.

Sebastian323
02-21-2009, 08:37 PM
'gills will heat meal worms, redworms, small flies, and trout magnets. t-laps like nightcrawlersandcorn