PDA

View Full Version : Late March Early April Havusu Fam trip

GdHkSet1
02-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Heading out to Havusu with the family end of March. Never fished the area of the river before. Are there public launch ramps, and are there any stamps we need to purchase with our fishing licenses. Any 411 appreciated, like to get the family on some stripers.

GdHkSet1

RRTGuy
02-14-2009, 01:17 PM
If you have a CA license I believe you need the AZ stamp but your only allowed to fish from a boat with that. No shore fishing in Havasu without an AZ license. Lots of public launch ramps and TONS of good bass fishing that time of year.

Ryan C
02-14-2009, 02:44 PM
if u wanna fish the upper river launch at park moabi right off the 40 in needles if u wanna fish the lower river id launch at Windsor beach or site 6 is a free launch

GdHkSet1
02-14-2009, 09:19 PM
If you have a CA license I believe you need the AZ stamp but your only allowed to fish from a boat with that. No shore fishing in Havasu without an AZ license. Lots of public launch ramps and TONS of good bass fishing that time of year.

RRT,
Thanks for the heads up, I'm all new around that whole area. Look fwd on getting on new water-Hopefully we run into some of that outstanding bass fishing I here that goes on around that area.

GdHkSet1
02-14-2009, 09:20 PM
if u wanna fish the upper river launch at park moabi right off the 40 in needles if u wanna fish the lower river id launch at Windsor beach or site 6 is a free launch

Thanks for the launch info, I will only be up there for 2-3 days. Will check it out.

pwynn
02-14-2009, 09:38 PM
i really like black meadow landing. it is centrally located to all the good fishing a the bottom of the lake including bill williams arm

JENSEN500
02-15-2009, 08:11 AM
where are you staying at? hioghly recommend cattail cove,nice camp ground,showers,bathrooms,next to the sand point store. this area is AWESOME for striper all year around!we will be there the 1st week or april. pm me when your going and ill try to hook you up on the latest. i have a place i rent out to others may-aug. so if you going down there during the summer months and want a place to stay,let me know. way cheaper than a hotel.

tight lines,jeff

GdHkSet1
02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
where are you staying at? hioghly recommend cattail cove,nice camp ground,showers,bathrooms,next to the sand point store. this area is AWESOME for striper all year around!we will be there the 1st week or april. pm me when your going and ill try to hook you up on the latest. i have a place i rent out to others may-aug. so if you going down there during the summer months and want a place to stay,let me know. way cheaper than a hotel.

tight lines,jeff

Valuble info Jensen500, thanks for the rental offer too-may have to take that offer up one summer. I hear that a MAY09 Striper bash is going on up there too. Take care and tight lines.

JENSEN500
02-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Valuble info Jensen500, thanks for the rental offer too-may have to take that offer up one summer. I hear that a MAY09 Striper bash is going on up there too. Take care and tight lines.

the striper derby is my all time favorite tourny!! i talk so much about it,people probably think im a promoter for the event :) but truth be known, it is an awesome time. my brother(bassturd) and his wife ar going as well as my GF (striper chic). you need to try it at least once,you will be hooked!! as many already know,im having a "party"/fish taco fry on thurs. and or fri. (may14-15) and all are welcome. do yourself a favor and try it out!! BIG COUNTRY WILL NEED TO PAY BACK THE FAVOR THIS YEAR IF HE'S ON SOME GOOD FFISH!!!!

GOOD FISHING TO ALL, JEFF

Brian D.
02-16-2009, 08:53 AM
the striper derby is my all time favorite tourny!! i talk so much about it,people probably think im a promoter for the event :) but truth be known, it is an awesome time. my brother(bassturd) and his wife ar going as well as my GF (striper chic). you need to try it at least once,you will be hooked!! as many already know,im having a "party"/fish taco fry on thurs. and or fri. (may14-15) and all are welcome. do yourself a favor and try it out!! BIG COUNTRY WILL NEED TO PAY BACK THE FAVOR THIS YEAR IF HE'S ON SOME GOOD FFISH!!!!

GOOD FISHING TO ALL, JEFF

Hey Jeff.. Where is your rental located and how much per night. I may be interested in renting a few days in the summer. thanks

JENSEN500
02-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Hey Jeff.. Where is your rental located and how much per night. I may be interested in renting a few days in the summer. thanks

it is located in havasu,just off mcculloch blvd. in town (about 5min. from site six launch ramp). i pretty much have it booked thru mid.july. i charge a $250.00 flat rate,whether it is 1 night or 4 nights.

basscaptain
02-16-2009, 09:12 AM

tight lines,jeff

Jeff you have been holding out on me about your place ?? how do you sleep at night knowing a Skeeter Bro is sleeping on the front deck of his boat at Cat Tail Cove

Let me know what you got going on I'm headed down there for a few trips SOON

Big B get your *** back to the other web sites

Never mind Jeff your allready booked

JENSEN500
02-16-2009, 09:23 AM
hey capt.,
not holding out on you,thought you liked sleeping on the deck:) did you sell your boat yet? im headed down to havasu mar.13 for a club tourny. when you going? pm me if you need the place. ill see if i can work something out :)

jeff

basscaptain
02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Sold the 202 ZX a few months back to a guy way up North meet him half way or so at the Delta and he got his biggest stripper ever on it and we both got limits of LMB's called it a day at 11:00 am and sign the paperwork and called it a done deal

I'm going to be over there the same weekend as you I'm going to fish the NBW Open on 3/14 I think, if I don't fish that I'll just fun fish. I need to get out of town and see some real water

I'll pm you my cell and maybe we can have a cold 1 that weekend, OH that Brain D guy is GOOD People also

basscaptain
02-16-2009, 10:06 AM
PM Sent with Phone #

JENSEN500
02-16-2009, 10:07 AM
capt.,
you got it,always up for a drink r 2. i dont have the rental til april 1st,so we are staying at crazyhorse in the mobile homes they have for the military,fricken sick for 50 total a night (split 4 ways too!) cost 25 buck for the weekend. ill pm you with my cell also. where you staying?

basscaptain
02-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Jeff I may just stay at Crazyhorse also if the waters up, I hate there ramp when the water is down unless they got that hump cleared out.

I was thinking about staying at Cat Tail Cove but Crazyhorse is closer for me, I'll call and see if they still have something

Brian D.
02-16-2009, 11:57 AM
OH that Brain D guy is GOOD People also

Shsshhh..

sorry Kirk, I gotta slum on the other boards once in awhile... Its like getting some strange punetang. Variety is the spice of life. LOL...

I'll call ya later today K.

basscaptain
02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
LMAO I have not even looked at this site in Months and I come on today to put up a add to buy a reel and here you are

Its all good bro jus giving you a hard time

basscatcher
02-18-2009, 05:09 PM
luanch out of site six and troll in thompson bay. troll pointers the big ones. if nothing go out 100yrd-200yrds directly in front of site 6 and throw topwater big 128 sammy american shad i was their last year same time and we nailed 5 in 30mins over thier.

God BLess
basscatcher

Ambassadorhawg
02-18-2009, 07:48 PM

NO, NO, NO RRTGuy,

I have been shore fishing Havasu on the Arizona side with my California license w/Arizona Colorado River Special Use Permit for at least a dozen years now and I am not breaking the law.

My special use permit says, "This permit must be pasted on back of any valid STATE OF CALIFORNIA sport fishing license being used to fish from the ARIZONA SHORE or any floating device on waters of the Colorado River south of the Nevada-California boundary."

RRTGuy
02-19-2009, 06:25 AM
NO, NO, NO RRTGuy,

I have been shore fishing Havasu on the Arizona side with my California license w/Arizona Colorado River Special Use Permit for at least a dozen years now and I am not breaking the law.

My special use permit says, "This permit must be pasted on back of any valid STATE OF CALIFORNIA sport fishing license being used to fish from the ARIZONA SHORE or any floating device on waters of the Colorado River south of the Nevada-California boundary."

You are absolutely right!!!!!!!! I read the back of my license ont he sticker and it says the same for NV!!! THANKS

basscaptain
02-19-2009, 07:15 AM
NO, NO, NO RRTGuy,

+1 his right

JENSEN500
02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
+2......

Btw,capt. We are leaving the 12th in the am. Call me when you get there:)

GdHkSet1
02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
NO, NO, NO RRTGuy,

Thanks for the correction.