PDA

View Full Version : How Nutso/Crazy is it up there during Mule Days?

Koshaw
02-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Howdy all! I will be up in the Bishop/Eastern Sierras area during the Mule Days event... May 23-27. Where should I go to fish and where should I avoid???

Will PVR, Intake II, South Lake, Bridgeport, Twin Lakes be bonkers?

Love to hear any input guys/gals.

=^^=

Sierra_Smitty
02-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Howdy all! I will be up in the Bishop/Eastern Sierras area during the Mule Days event... May 23-27. Where should I go to fish and where should I avoid???

=^^=

Its always busy but there are places to fish if you know where to go. The surprising thing is that mule days attract a ton of people so there is more shoreline available than you'd think...at least up where I am.

I haven't been to June, Mammoth or Bridgeport during Memorial Day weekend for years so I'm not sure what it's like there.

Koshaw
02-14-2009, 01:36 PM

So hmmm gotta stake out some places then!

Any hot spots you can recommend? :D

Joshua
02-14-2009, 05:19 PM
It is only crowded around Bishop. I have been doing the same Pre-Memorial Week trip for 5 years., I head up on Tuesday night and leave Saturday.
Keep in mind that this is a 3 day weekend. This brings in more crowds by itself.
Mammoth may be snowed in and the lakes are inaccessible. You may have better luck snowboarding Mammoth Mt than you would getting into Reds meadow. however, last year the Mammoth Lakes were open and we killed it at Lake Mary

Crowds dont show until Thursday night. Then the hotels and campgrounds will fill. If you are going, you need to make reservations 2 months ago. Most places will require a 3 night minimum. Call and check there may be cancellations. I havent made my reservation yet. However, I know a place and I have backup plans.
Mule Day is cool for a change of pace, distraction. Maybe swing by for lunch.

Smitty nailed it. If you know when and where to fish you will have open waters.

Hit Bishop early in the week and work your way north as the week progresses. Convict,Rock Creek, Mammoth, June Loop,
Smitty could hook you up with a boat Rental on South Lake, You dont have to worry about crowded shoreline,

sb fishing
02-15-2009, 02:38 PM

=^^=

The Bridgeport area will not be to bad, Mule days doesn't affect us to much.