PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th slayage at corona

The Angler
02-13-2009, 06:49 PM
My dad and i deicied last last to come out to corona lake again. But instead we brought out the whole family my son 2 of my uncles my cousins there dad. we had about a party of 9.

We got to the lake around 6:00 a.m had the lines in about 6:15 we fished from the shore for about 20 mins. Everyone decied to get a Poontoon boat. So we got the boat and loaded everything on. My dad choose to say on the shore. So we head out and about 20 mins in my cousins Dad hooks up. He gets it to the front of the boat and its a pretty nice size fish looked about 4Lb. As it gets close he calls for someone to get the net and what do u know, We left it on shore with my dad then SNAP his line breaks. So 1 down, About 15 mins later my son yells out i got 1 dad i got 1 and sure enough he get his very first fish ever, I rigged up a drop-shot worm for him and i guess he worked it well i was so excited for him he was 1 happy fisherman. So i rig up his pole again and a few mins later he hooks up again i couldnt believe it sure enough another nice rainbow. He was gonna bananas on the boat his first 2 fish ever back to back within 20 mins. after that the bite slowed up an dthe kids had to use the restroom we we dock and go buy some more booze ( ****** $10.00 for a 6-pack!!!and more nightcrawlers I thought i was a Disneyland for a sec with these prices. We headed down to where my dad was to see if he was ready to get onboard and he says no so we head back out and all hell breaks loose we were getting triple hook ups double hooks ups for like 1 hour straight my son got 2 more but let his cousin reel one in since he was getting anything on his pole. it was like a riot on the poontoon boat. Everyone squeezing by to get to there poles lines were being snapped left and right one of my uncle hooks up on his very first fish, My cousin hooks up on 2 of his very first fish. Out of all the chaos we landed 7 in the boat.

We go back to get my dad and he see's the carnage so he jumps onboard finally. We load up on the night crawlers againg since they were going crazy on them. My dad end up getting 2 more and my other uncle gets his 2 very first fish & my cousin gets his first 2 fish. so im the only 1 until about 3:30 and bam i finally hook up got it to the boat my uncle took a swing with the net and missed it then again and SNAP there goes my fishy of the day.

My son - 4 trout (his first fish he ever caught)
My dad - 2 trout
My cousin - 2 trout (1 Lightning) His first fish
Cousins son - 1 trout
Cousins dad - 1 - trout
My Uncle - 2 trout (his first ever)
My other uncle - 1 Trout
and his son - 1 trout

We lost 5 while trying to get them in the net
and another 4 breaking lines
I spent more time rigging up everyone pole then fishing since most of them it was there first time.

Pics up soon!!!!

fishndrinknsmokin
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Right on brother! Nice report and it sounds like an awesome day at the lake. Can't beat fishing with people who have their first hook ups ever.....especially the kids. Congrats to your son!

Eat Sleep Fish
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
congrats to your kids man. good to see youngster having a blast.

The Angler
02-13-2009, 07:04 PM
yea it was fun even though i didnt catch anything i was excited for my son it was awsome.

CASTAWAY
02-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Sometimes you only get one chance to net the fish.lol....
Almost is just as good, I guess. Good job getting everyone else on fish though.

Thanks for the report...

a biley
02-13-2009, 09:42 PM
don't scare them with the net, they'll give one more burst of energy when you do that. have someone put the net near, and try to reel the fish to the net instead. That's what I do. Good job on the slayage! I haven't been trouting this year yet!

Seng90806
02-14-2009, 12:18 AM
WOW!!! looked like you guys had a blast out there...Great job putting the family on some fish :LOL:

The Angler
02-14-2009, 11:02 AM
My sons first fish
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/jgm3100/100_0263.jpg

His second
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/jgm3100/100_0268.jpg

his third
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/jgm3100/100_0271.jpg

My dads biggest (fish looks really smaller than what it was my dads like 6'3 260-70 lbs)
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/jgm3100/100_0276.jpg

I thought i had more pics but there all video clips of the catches sorry.