PDA

View Full Version : 40 mins at santa fe dam

lilmystery246
02-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Got there at 3:30 we just put 2 lines in the water both with a carp recipe my brother told me about. And then I got in the car because it was starting to rain. 10 mins later I went to check the rods and waited a bit to see if one whould bite.and about 10 seconds later the bobber starts jumping up and down! I get the rod fell the bite and set the hook but it did not hook =( so I missed that one. After throwing that one back in I go back in the car. I wait about another ten minutes and then something tells me to go check the rods. So I get out of the car and start walking to the rods half way there rod goes BENDO! I run to it but I was too late again!! =( so we left because I had a dentist appointment. Well at least they bit =) now I know the bait does work =)

Seng90806
02-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Fishing in the rain can be changeling at least you got into some action

sumo
02-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Got there at 3:30 we just put 2 lines in the water both with a carp recipe my brother told me about. And then I got in the car because it was starting to rain. 10 mins later I went to check the rods and waited a bit to see if one whould bite.and about 10 seconds later the bobber starts jumping up and down! I get the rod fell the bite and set the hook but it did not hook =( so I missed that one. After throwing that one back in I go back in the car. I wait about another ten minutes and then something tells me to go check the rods. So I get out of the car and start walking to the rods half way there rod goes BENDO! I run to it but I was too late again!! =( so we left because I had a dentist appointment. Well at least they bit =) now I know the bait does work =)
what is that recipe that your brother told you about and can i have that recipe plus where did you fish at santa fe dam

Eat Sleep Fish
02-13-2009, 07:12 PM
youll get em next time.

92yj
02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
any bass? jk :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: good job man. at least you get out there.

smokinflies
02-14-2009, 01:45 AM
nice try dude.

maybe you should get yourself a poncho for those rainy day fishing trips.

CASTAWAY
02-14-2009, 12:07 PM
dam the skunk! hey, at least they bit. maybe next time.
keep the reports coming.:Cool:

lizzay
02-14-2009, 12:22 PM
you should also try reseda park as well. Heard there's gigantic carps there.

Ifishtoolittle
02-15-2009, 05:25 PM

Bring a Pancho next time LOL. Well the :Skunk: hass bitten you, better luck next time.

steve092
02-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Next time, try flylining the bait. Don't use any weights, not even splitshots. Once carp feel the weight, they just spit it out. Without, the carp will take it and run.

I remember last summer I was fishing for carp and I saw my line move just a little bit. I didn't set the hook because I thought it was just a bluegill. Well, about thirty minutes later when I went to reel in my line, the bait fought back! Fish on!

Eat Sleep Fish
02-17-2009, 01:32 PM
sometimes a skunk smells better than a carp lol .literally.

UCR's Fishman
02-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I catch monster carp at the colorado river on bread. Not my favorite fish to catch but they put up a pretty good fight. Better luck next time.

DarkShadow
02-17-2009, 08:37 PM
lilmystery,

good job on getting those carp to bite, especially with those home made recipes.

i'm surprised nobody has said it, but leaving a rigged up carp rod unattended is a quuuuick way to have your rod and reel end up in the drink. if you are going to be a distance away from your rod, make sure you leave it in free spool. that way, the carp won't feel any resistance of your rod and can freely take line, and your rod and reel won't end up at the bottom of the lake.

old pudd fisher
02-17-2009, 09:49 PM
lilmystery,

good job on getting those carp to bite, especially with those home made recipes.

i'm surprised nobody has said it, but leaving a rigged up carp rod unattended is a quuuuick way to have your rod and reel end up in the drink. if you are going to be a distance away from your rod, make sure you leave it in free spool. that way, the carp won't feel any resistance of your rod and can freely take line, and your rod and reel won't end up at the bottom of the lake.

Well said DarkShadow:Wink:I have seen it happen:ROFL:

a biley
02-17-2009, 09:52 PM
i never leave one unattended, this is why I didn't bother to get a 2nd rod stamp this year. I also don't fish carp...

lilmystery246
02-17-2009, 09:59 PM
lilmystery,

this is true but i always leave the drag real loose until i get to the rod i tighten the drag =]

a biley
02-17-2009, 10:38 PM
this is true but i always leave the drag real loose until i get to the rod i tighten the drag =]

and thats how I lost my biggest bass... tightening the drag while fighting the fish (jumped while I tightened the chronarch) now i will press the clutch and use my thumb from now on!