PDA

View Full Version : WTF...Boat House of Anaheim

wkk
02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Went to the LA boat show last night with my cousin who's planning to buy about by the end of the month. Been looking at quite a few models both new and used. At the show there was a brand new 2008 Wellcraft 202 (t-top w/ rocket launchers, 150 4-stroke yamaha) for sale. Guy told us the boat show price was $35,900 w/out the trailer. Seemed like a really nice boat, said he would work up some numbers on this thing. We sit down and fill out the app and he quotes us $44k after taxes trailer and fees etc (no electrics w/ the boat). I'm thinking...wtf...44k for 2008 model that's sitting on your lot while you have 2009's waiting on the line for you to make room on the lot. Well, we tell him we'll get our own financing and go home to think about it. Today i look on their website and the freaking boat is listed for $35,900 with the tandem axle disc brake trailer included. This guy was taking us for a ride tyring to charge us an additional 4k for the trailer which was supposed to be included in the price. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case any of you are looking to buy as well. Watch out for these sneaky bastard. Talked to the dealer this morning and told him to hold off on the app for financing. We're going to look at some other options.

BIGRED KILLA
02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Went to the LA boat show last night with my cousin who's planning to buy about by the end of the month. Been looking at quite a few models both new and used. At the show there was a brand new 2008 Wellcraft 202 (t-top w/ rocket launchers, 150 4-stroke yamaha) for sale. Guy told us the boat show price was $35,900 w/out the trailer. Seemed like a really nice boat, said he would work up some numbers on this thing. We sit down and fill out the app and he quotes us $44k after taxes trailer and fees etc (no electrics w/ the boat). I'm thinking...wtf...44k for 2008 model that's sitting on your lot while you have 2009's waiting on the line for you to make room on the lot. Well, we tell him we'll get our own financing and go home to think about it. Today i look on their website and the freaking boat is listed for $35,900 with the tandem axle disc brake trailer included. This guy was taking us for a ride tyring to charge us an additional 4k for the trailer which was supposed to be included in the price. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case any of you are looking to buy as well. Watch out for these sneaky bastard. Talked to the dealer this morning and told him to hold off on the app for financing. We're going to look at some other options.

Why do you guys want to buy brand new.

Bigred

Rooster
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Thx for the heads up.. Apreciate it

Granny Fish
02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
With this economy, there should be a lot of people trying to get out of their boat payments. I would think used would be the way to go. Dealerships are really hurting for sales too. I would think the guy would work to get you the best deal to keep you from walking away and losing a sale. I have no idea what those boats normally go for, but it doe not sound like the guy is making you any deals.

hung380
02-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Used is better, you can save over 10,000 easy and save that for the electronics. But, If your buddy isnt on a tight budget then get a new one. Parker or defiance is a good choice also.

wkk
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
We were looking at the new just to see the price difference. But once he saw the boat he got that "I GOT TO HAVE IT NOW" feeling. At least with the new you get a warranty on the outboard for 6 years right now (yamaha) and you'll know all the ins and outs of your boat. I'm directing him to look at a few of the used ones out there. I'm sure he'll end up picking up used and using the extra cash for upgrading the electronics.

Not sure if any of you guys have checked out florida's used boats. They have a ton of 2000 and newer 20-22 foot center consoles in the 10k range. Anyone have an idea on how much shipping would be?

GeordyBass
02-13-2009, 06:04 PM
i bet it'll be around $1200-$1500 or so...

chris
02-13-2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?125543
this one has some electronics