PDA

View Full Version : Aquaduct Setup

Uneekguy27
02-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Hey guys and gals! just wondering what pound test line i would need to setup for the aquaduct. im thinking of heading out there. oh and a few good bait solutions too would be great. Stripers!!!!

Viporous13
02-14-2009, 01:38 AM
i use spiderwire stealth 20lb test on the pole i rattle trap with and use shakespeare cajun 12lb test on the pole i bait and wait with. my bait of choice are chovies.

thepuma
02-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I would first read Gary’s post on Aqueduct Techniques (in this section). I personally use a bait caster loaded with 12/14 lb test. I use a med-heavy rod. I have lost so many fish when I first started due to losing the lure for choosing the wrong line (too thin), or bending the hooks (lures too small). Those stripers are like wolves in the water. A proper drag setting should be done prior to casting too. I lost a nice fish and a 1oz trap due to an improper drag setting on a crappy reel. I use larger lures now ľoz to 1oz. As far as just sitting there and bait fishing, I don’t have the patience for that unless I want to socialize.
Good Luck out there, Post when you hook into one.
Scott

Viporous13
02-15-2009, 07:09 PM
bait and wait is good for drinking beer and catching a buzz with the fellas... makes it easier to accept if ya get skunked

thepuma
02-16-2009, 11:07 AM
bait and wait is good for drinking beer and catching a buzz with the fellas... makes it easier to accept if ya get skunked

:LOL: A few years back. We bait fished all night on 240th st W. I didn't catch a fish, but as I was not driving, I got hammered. What a great night, not a single fish caught. As the sun came up we were surrounded by guys with guns. Ends up it was the opening day for Dove or Quail hunting.