PDA

View Full Version : Flying Yellow Trout and few LNL Fatties 2/12

chivo
02-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Well, i can say now that i've seen everything.Today was just a good day. Got up and hit up LNL, got there at 10am. I heard the trout were bitting decent in the afternoon, so i didn't wake up early. Threw out the lines with a couple powerbait/gulp mixtures of mine, 15 minutes later BAM!!!!! Fish comes fliing 2 to 3 feet out of water. He put up a pretty good fight but i was amaized with the colors. He was 2.4lbs. Looked like a lightning trout. Later on i asked the guy at the store and he said, that they were emerald trout,and that there only stocked here and nowhere else. Then 5 minutes later BAM!!! reeled him in, 4.5lb bow. Couple hours later BAM!!!! This trout had some muscle on him, i could swear he was a 6 or 7 lber by the way he faught. He ended up being 4.4lbs rainbow. An hour later BAM!!!! and then i see this emerald trout fly 3 to 4 feet out of the water.Amaizing fish. I thought i was fishing for marlin for a second. The wind picked up and i was going to leave when (yes,you know) BAM!!!! It was another 4.4lb rainbow. Here are some pics from the day, I would of had more but my camera ran out of batteries, then when i got home i snapped a few and it died again before i could get some others. There are some pics of my emerald feast i had 10 minutes ago. And a few fish i seen swimming around.

D@T
02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Nice Catches!

lizzay
02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Nice! Way to go on the emerald! Never seen them before.

chivo
02-12-2009, 07:19 PM
The guy at the bait shop said that the emerald trout are only stocked to LNL, no other lake in the US gets these trout, and next stocking may be brown trout. I'm looking into that right now.

Trout Nine
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM
WTG out there on the Emerald!
Wish I were there to see him fly out of the water

lizzay
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM
The guy at the bait shop said that the emerald trout are only stocked to LNL, no other lake in the US gets these trout, and next stocking may be brown trout. I'm looking into that right now.

dude, lets hit it up together if you're down. Seng, we gotta get some browns man!

tpfishnfool
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM

They put them in fin and feather last year . Hope they do it again this year, those are tough *** fish ! good eating too.. I think they come fro oregon ?

Ifishtoolittle
02-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Nice trout man! Does the emerald trout taste similar to the 'Bows?

chivo
02-12-2009, 08:05 PM
dude, lets hit it up together if you're down. Seng, we gotta get some browns man!

I'm always down to catch fish.

chivo
02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice trout man! Does the emerald trout taste similar to the 'Bows?

Yeah, i didn't really taste too much of a difference, but it was good

crappiemike
02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
thnx for the report, welcome back from your trip buddy, lets get these
PANFISH!!!

cm

Seng90806
02-12-2009, 08:38 PM

lets do this!!! im always down to catch something new :LOL:

FishermanStu
02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
are they just lightning trout that they call emerald trout to get to say that nowhere else gets these trout?

steve092
02-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Nice yellow trout!

StriperEye
02-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Congrats on the catch! Never seen a yellow trout before,Cool!

Hitts0n
02-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the update and report.I thought that was a lighting trout.
I cant wait to get back out there again!

cjschock
02-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Nice catch, I like fishing LNL. We should have a LNL team panfish trout day.

chivo
02-13-2009, 08:14 AM
are they just lightning trout that they call emerald trout to get to say that nowhere else gets these trout?

No bro they are not lighting trout. Lightning trout have real pink meat, these do not. Lightning trout and emerald trout are two different fish.I talk to the guy in the store alot, he says they are not lightning trout but look like them a bit. They do look the same, but are not.

chivo
02-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Nice catch, I like fishing LNL. We should have a LNL team panfish trout day.

I'm down, There are also some very nice slabs at LNL. I've never caught one under 1 1/4lbs, and thew gills are nice too.

deanhall32
02-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Team Panfish,

I will be up there at LNL next Saturday. Please provide me with all your secret spots and the necessary tackle I will need.

Thanks-LOL

Dean

HBJapo
02-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Nice catches! Those are some solid fish. I'm down with LNL.

Japo :Envious:

chivo
02-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Nice catches! Those are some solid fish. I'm down with LNL.

Japo :Envious:

You been by central park lately. Water level should be up a bit.

Eat Sleep Fish
02-13-2009, 07:20 PM
im yet to catch one of those lighting/thunder/yellow/piss color trout. they look crazy. people say theyre good eating but idk....im not to big on trout as food.

socalrippin
02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
those do look like lightning trout but lightning are brighter yellow and have a brighter pink stripe on there side. they have an almost ruby red meat that tastes better than any other trout ive eaten. very beautiful but still doesnt compare to the colors of a true golden trout.

chivo
02-15-2009, 01:02 PM
those do look like lightning trout but lightning are brighter yellow and have a brighter pink stripe on there side. they have an almost ruby red meat that tastes better than any other trout ive eaten. very beautiful but still doesnt compare to the colors of a true golden trout.

Yeah you can see the meat it the same as a true bow.Yeah bro, you can't compair golden trout to local stocked trout, golodens are in a class of there own.