PDA

View Full Version : castaic trip president's day

cambonesian
02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey guys I am heading out to castaic monday morning. I haven't been out there for a while. I usually post up at the rocks on west launch ramp since I had luck there the few time I went. Any reports that you guys are holding out on will help out. my target is stripers so any tips? If anybody is heading out that way I will see you there. If you see a big asian guy and his little filipino homie with their family thats me.:Wink::Wink::Wink:

Thank.

Seng90806
02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey guys I am heading out to castaic monday morning. I haven't been out there for a while. I usually post up at the rocks on west launch ramp since I had luck there the few time I went. Any reports that you guys are holding out on will help out. my target is stripers so any tips? If anybody is heading out that way I will see you there. If you see a big asian guy and his little filipino homie with their family thats me.:Wink::Wink::Wink:

Thank.

not worth driving out there...the stripers are no where to be found this time of year...no one is hiding out...its just slow out there

chansen49
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
My buddy caught an 8 lber last week off the dam. He said she was full of eggs.. He lives in Castaic and said they should be going off if they start to spawn.

Chris

lizzay
02-12-2009, 06:49 PM
To be honest, Seng's right, I'm waiting for the to go off as well, should start to really happen once we get a bit longer sunlight in the day. If you're heading there anyway and have some extra cash to spend on baits, try to get some bloodworms at gallions, the gooey blood might entice them a bit. Good luck out there, others probably would do it differently but for times like this I like to get a 1oz. sinker and chuck it as far as I can go then have one for close by. Good luck

cambonesian
02-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys. I still gonna go if it doesn't rain too hard. Lets see if I get lucky. So bloodworms? how about chicken liver and chovies? I wanna try out some lures too but what good for stripers.

karlow
02-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Strange, but i have never gotten bit on chicken liver at Castaic, or Pyrimid. It should work, but it has not for me.

KP

Seng90806
02-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks guys. I still gonna go if it doesn't rain too hard. Lets see if I get lucky. So bloodworms? how about chicken liver and chovies? I wanna try out some lures too but what good for stripers.

try it all and let us know if it goes off :LOL:

Captain Castaic
02-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Bite sucks and so does this weather...good luck.

C.C.

trashetanush
02-16-2009, 01:22 AM

Thank.

A heavy rain storm is moving in, but if you still decide to go, than you should wear a nice worm rain coat and good luck. :D

Basstaic
02-16-2009, 10:23 AM
No fishing up here today. The Grapevine is closed and Castaic is a giant parking lot. No one is getting up here at all today.