PDA

View Full Version : Blythe Fishing Questions...?

Shyliners5
02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Hitting Blythe this wknd, 1st time.
My chicks family have a pad there. So bringing the Kayaks.
Wanna hit Smallies, Largemouth, BIG Cat, Stripers, etc.

Asking for a 'lil help here.
Anyone got any helpful info on spots, lures, patterns, bait, rigging, roads, canals, Launching, shore spots, access, river stuff pertaining to the area?

Gonna fish HARD... morning, night, rain, cold, whatever. For 4 days.
Planning on posting something good when I come back (w/pics).

It will be a change for my yak' though cuz it's never felt freshwater.
I'm sure they'll be smaller swells. and less sharks lol.

I DO know how to fish.
But it pays to do your research.

Your Input is GREATLY appreciated!

<*((((>{ Eric .

Oh Just found out I'll about 25 miles N. of the main city (Blythe) off Hidden Valley Road. Thanks

Carpholeo
02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
try above the palo verde diversion dam, best places to launch are on the Az side and youll need a C.R.I.T license too.

deanhall32
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Drift down on the rip-rap side of the river. Spinnerbaits and crankbaits thrown a foot or two off the rocks will produce some good numbers of largemouths and some smallmouths. You might want to have someone park down near the diversion dam as it is about 10 miles south of Hidden Valley. Otherwise it will be a hell of a workout paddling upriver after floating so far downriver. Have fun!!

Hate2Fish
02-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Question:

How safe is it to fish alone? If I have to carry protection I won't go.

Carpholeo
02-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Totally safe to fish alone, but theres allot of hot chicks on the private beaches in that part of the river, you just might need to take some protection after all.

Astrolux
02-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Question:

How safe is it to fish alone? If I have to carry protection I won't go.

The only thing you have to worry about down there is the current, the Colorado is extremely swift. A lot of people have died in that river because they didn't wear a life jacket. Just a tip, you can never be too safe. Don't forget to get your Colorado river stamp for your CA license, its like 3 bucks. Good Luck.

deanhall32
02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Totally safe to fish alone, but theres allot of hot chicks on the private beaches in that part of the river, you just might need to take some protection after all.

Now that is funny stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shyliners5
02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Thank you all for the great tips. I had a blast.
And your right DEANHALL it was one hell of a paddle upriver!!
BTW I did have my Colorado River stamp but couldn't find C.R.I.T. info anywhere is that for Indian Res. fishing or something?

Here's my Report:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=29748

RQ/Real Quiet
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
If you park and/or launch on the Reservation (Arizona Side) you'll need that license. Don't be caught without it, especially if you have any gear in your vehicle, Cochise doesn't care if you're looking or not, he'll cite you, just cuz.
If you go to Ehrenberg, just over the bridge from Blythe, turn left from the off ramp and there's a sporting goods store there on the left if I remembr right.

fishaddicted
02-22-2009, 04:28 PM
dude make sure you have a lot of robo worms because those kill there. also alot of shad imitations. like crankbaits spinnerbaits swimabaits and live one if you can get them.

Shyliners5
02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
dude make sure you have a lot of robo worms because those kill there. also alot of shad imitations. like crankbaits spinnerbaits swimabaits and live one if you can get them.

Forgot a huge bag o plastics at home..

but the girl in the red Foxrider sweater in my report caught several nice bass on a white shad pattern curlytail grub.