PDA

View Full Version : Hansen Dam

BassMasterson
02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Any bass in this lake? I'm up in the area today and thinking of hitting it up. Just wondering if anyone has seen bass in here. I've seen the reports of trout and carp, I would assume there would be LMBs in there maybe stripers too? anyone know? hit me up... Thanks

NoHo ART
02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
sneak in the big lake on the side :Wink:

jim532
02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I've only seen baby bass (a few inches long) in there. Last summer some guy pulled out an 8 lb bass on a spinner but thats the only report of a bass being pulled out of the cement pond that I've heard. The big pond that your not supposed to fish in has bass in it. Lots of brush along the shorline so there's only a few spots you can walk up to the water. The big pond is controlled by the Army Corpse of Engineers, and your not supposed to be fishing there, both the life guards and the DFG officer said it's not there problem and they wont chase anyone out. But I've had LAPD come and ask me not to fish there.

NoHo ART
02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
lol i have bin kicked out 3 times in one day :ROFL:
i was playing hied and seek with the life guards :LOL:

BassMasterson
02-12-2009, 07:40 PM
YEah, I stopped by, Hiked all the way down to the lake, and saw the no fishing sign! haha, looks like a great lake though! then as I was leaving I saw that swimming pool you're supposed to fish in! haha, thanks, but no thanks guys...

DEADROOTS
02-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I live walking distance from there. Take my word for it, unless you would enjoy fishing around illegals slamming dope in the trees. Tweakers getting high every where, cholos gettin high n drunk messin with people, nasty people copulating in the bushes. I caught my First 5lb bass there but that lake has been poached like no tomorrow and is alway muddddddy, I only pulled out 3 fish in '08. I also learned to never go there without my pistol. I was shot at walking from my car to the lake. I parked by the freeway to do some night fishing. Too many low life people running around! And the life guards there are the most retarded species of human being available! You can quote me on that!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I live walking distance from there. Take my word for it, unless you would enjoy fishing around illegals slamming dope in the trees. Tweakers getting high every where, cholos gettin high n drunk messin with people, nasty people copulating in the bushes. I caught my First 5lb bass there but that lake has been poached like no tomorrow and is alway muddddddy, I only pulled out 3 fish in '08. I also learned to never go there without my pistol. I was shot at walking from my car to the lake. I parked by the freeway to do some night fishing. Too many low life people running around! And the life guards there are the most retarded species of human being available! You can quote me on that!

DAmn sounds like some fun :LOL:

GeordyBass
02-12-2009, 11:34 PM
DAmn sounds like some fun :LOL:

it excites ya don't it?lol...i live about 2-3 miles away....and I wouldn't waste my time there....too many rich people...hahaha....

BassMasterson
02-12-2009, 11:40 PM

haha, that is hillarious because I was there for all of 10 minutes and got that impression right away. There was a group of suspicious dudes in the parking lot giving me the wrong kinda looks, which I thought was funny because there is a huge park, and they were just standing around by their cars. I did see a couple virtually getting down down by the brush, decided to walk back up around the bathrooms, and there was Raider Nation not looking all that happy to see me! haha, dude... bummer, 'cause it's a pretty nice looking place!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-12-2009, 11:43 PM
haha, that is hillarious because I was there for all of 10 minutes and got that impression right away. There was a group of suspicious dudes in the parking lot giving me the wrong kinda looks, which I thought was funny because there is a huge park, and they were just standing around by their cars. I did see a couple virtually getting down down by the brush, decided to walk back up around the bathrooms, and there was Raider Nation not looking all that happy to see me! haha, dude... bummer, 'cause it's a pretty nice looking place!

its cause your a whitey Zak

BassMasterson
02-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah, no one started ****, I think it was just weird for a guy like me walking around looking lost.

DEADROOTS
02-13-2009, 12:07 AM

:Guns:Oh ya sorry I forgot to mention that Its a Blood neighborhood, the parking lot staring at the entrance all the way to the end of the parking lot is a Blood hang out.:Guns: Old schoolers chillin slammin bones "Dominos" homies slanging stones! "Selling dope" :ROFL:! But it's cool if you want catch some trout.:Guns::ROFL:

jim532
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I've never seen a "no fishing" sign, but If you were standing in the middle of raider nation then you must have went in over off osborne, I usually go in on the other side of the park where it's mexican cowboys miriachi music and illegal food carts. Even though it still looks a little shady, it's more family oriented.

Eat Sleep Fish
02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
a lot of those guys are actually vets. which is the sad part. they throw their lives away by 'chillin' at a county park parking lot, doing silly things.

still some good fishin' to be had in that little cement pool.

yolo
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I saw an 8 to 10 lb LMB pulled out of the cement pond a year and a half ago. The guy was fly fishing for trout and he snagged it in the back fin. It took quite awhile for him to land it because it was snagged in the back and probably awkward for both angler and fish trying to escape. The Armenian dude that is always fishing there asked him for it and took off with it. It was a fat hog and should have been put back in.

Eat Sleep Fish
02-17-2009, 05:58 PM
I saw an 8 to 10 lb LMB pulled out of the cement pond a year and a half ago. The guy was fly fishing for trout and he snagged it in the back fin. It took quite awhile for him to land it because it was snagged in the back and probably awkward for both angler and fish trying to escape. The Armenian dude that is always fishing there asked him for it and took off with it. It was a fat hog and should have been put back in.

agree. shouldve been put back.