PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado Park questions

CastMan
02-12-2009, 10:22 AM
First let me say hey there everybody, this will be my first post and I'm glad to be here! Now it's been a while (like 10 years) since I've fished Eldo and I heard recently that they still stock it with rainbows in the winter time. So what I'll do here is post a list of questions that I need answers to and I do appreciate any and all responses. Oh and we're just talking trout here guys n' gals. Here we go.

1. What day and week of the month do they usually stock?
2. What's the limit?
3. What's the best bait?
4. How should I fish the bait?
5. I've heard a lot in these forums about "drop shotting". Does it work for the trout here and if so what colors and sizes should I use?
6. Are there usual spots that the fish hang out or do I need to locate them?

Well that's about all I can think of for now. Can't wait to here from you all!

Bradakas
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Go down to the lake and talk to the old timers. Thats usually the best way.

FishEye
02-13-2009, 03:47 AM
1. check the dept. of fish and game website for stocking schedule
2. 5 is the limit at most city park and pay lakes, but some are different; check the rules and regs of the lake.
3. there is no "BEST BAIT" it all depends on condition and type of fish. Generally at park lakes like El Do, trout like powerbait and jigs/worms.
4. You can bait and wait with dough bait or cast and cast with split shot powerworms and mini-jigs.
5. Ultra light rod 2-3lb test and try every color to find the pattern. Use light worms and weights with an UL setup.
6. no usual spots; its different at each lake. Some can go deep and some school right on top of the water.
7. This is not even half the knowledge to be consistent; go out there and try everything. Trust me you'll learn a lot from failing.

CastMan
02-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Well I appreciate the posts and I'll be sure and ask around when I'm there. If anyone here has fished it lately can you tell me what colors or types of power bait or power worms you were using? If it's a big secret just e-mail me at theleodeal@aol.com. When I did fish the lake for trout many years back I always had good success with nightcrawlers and orange colored garlic cheese bait. Heck do they even sell Zekes anymore? :Confused: It's been quite a while since I've been there and I just want to get into the fish as quickly as I can since I have very limited time and money to do so. Thanks everyone.