PDA

View Full Version : Perris 2-11-09

bass413
02-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Hit up Perris today. 1st boat in the water. Air temp was 36 degrees and water was 47.5. Landed a 2 pounder and a 2 pound 12 ounce largemouth at the dam. Moved on to the tire reef on the south side of the island and nailed a 5 and a half pounder :Envious: (sorry no pictures, I can barely figure out how to turn on a computer much less download anything :Angry:!!)

All three were landed on plastics. No wind and no cloud cover = no swimbaits thrown. When I left at 1:30, the air temp barely made it to 55 and the water "warmed" to 53.

The water here is VERY low, but at least the launch ramp is still in the water......Thanks again MWD for realizing that Southern California is a FRIEKIN DESERT and droughts occur EVERY YEAR!!!!!! Not to get off on a rant, but I'd really like to (along with alot of other people) launch my own boat back into DVL.

I guess Perris :Smile:, Silverwood :Sad:, the Pudd :Neutral: and Elsinore :Embarrassed: will have to do.

BassinPLS
02-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I almost hit Perris myself this morning; but my wife had to use the truck. I was thinking of going tomorrow; if the storm doesn't hit us too quickly.

I went out to the WON Tournament weight-in last Sunday and it had been a really touch day for most of the boats. Thanks for the post, it sounds like it was better today than last Sunday. Although last Sunday was a real rainy wet one with plenty of guys complaining about how cold it was on the water.

Thanks again for the post. I think I'll go hit the sack and hook up in the morning for Perris.

BassinPLS