PDA

View Full Version : DVL 2-9-09 fun cold day with a little toad

snag
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I woke up Monday morning too sick to work...cough cough (Seriously!). As I was sitting at the computer checking out FNN; a sudden flash crossed my feeble mind (Hey! You’re never too sick to fish ‘Stupid’ so, are you going to just hang around all day in a warm cozy house?) Knowing how much I would regret it if just stayed home, instincts took over!

Screw this, I’m out of here! I grabbed the rods, gear bag, rain gear, and was off and running (cough cough cough). Made it to the lake at around 8:30ish. Cool! No waiting in line, lol. Hmmmm! hardly anyone here either,,,,Now that should have been a Sign.

But, considering myself a ‘Survival-ist’ lol, I Jumped on a toon and was off to battle ‘Mother Nature’ cough cough cough. In a matter of a couple hours, I found myself taking shelter inside the floating restroom near the West Dam. With a foot holding the door open against the winds, coughing my brains out, another news flash crosses my mind. Why on Gods Earth did you think this was such a ‘Bright Idea’ Snag?

After about an hour or so it appeared the weather wasn’t going to go away. My hands and face were numb but the little pulse between my ears kept driving me on, telling me “Feed the addiction, Stupid!” LOL. The hail mixed in with the wind, was something I sure could have done without. Today was obviously, Not one of my ‘Better judgement’ calls!

By 3:30pm I was whooped... DONE and looking forward to a hot cup of something, a warm couch and a fishing video..must feed the addiction

All in all, it was a great day being out on the water doing what all of us on this site love to do. I Just wish I would have gotten to the lake sooner, LOL.

I managed again, only one bass for the day, but it was cool. Also had several nice size LMB and one really nice SMB follow the swimmie right to the boat, that was way cool!

To whom ever you folks were on the bass rental...My hats off to you guys! You’re fricken nuts!

Tight lines all and best of luck to you

fishtacosmmm
02-12-2009, 03:40 AM
atchoooo! nice report dude
the water is cold, wait a bit for the pressure to go up
organize you stuff in the mean time
and catch up with the honey-do list

Kareem Korn
02-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Sounds like something we all would do. Except I would have been fishing from the toilet.

GdHkSet1
02-12-2009, 07:02 AM
I woke up Not Sick, checking out FNN and not wanting to go to work! Wish I was doing the Monday fishing thing. Nice LMB, and kudos for braving the elements feeling under the gun.

HEMAN
02-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Nice job out there snag... damn man. you are definitely a trooper...

fishntime
02-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Alright! nice chunk on the triple trout.

hookup
02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
nice job man. i was out there in the same conditons on saturday and was only able to manage one largie that size on the hudd and i got lots of action on the punker but no hook - ups. once again nice job especially being sick like that

BingJr
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Triple Trout is pure Magic!

Great job out there!