PDA

View Full Version : Broke the Skunk!!!!!

Goofy4fish
02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Tubed Perris last Friday 2-6-09 with my good friend Bob. Managed 1 @ 4.9lbs. along the dam on a spyder hula grub. I had another that hit so hard that he spun the drag like a dragsters rear tire. Unfortunately I was not quick enough on the uptake. Bob managed 2 @ 2.0 & 2.9. All LMB's were really chunky & evidently eating really well. This is my first LMB in 5 trips to Perris. It's been a tough year. I've been fishing for about 45 years & never had that long of a dry spell. Good luck to you all & keep your lines tight.

WJC71
02-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Great job on Breakin the Skunk

BULLDOG
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Tubed Perris last Friday 2-6-09 with my good friend Bob. Managed 1 @ 4.9lbs. along the dam on a spyder hula grub. I had another that hit so hard that he spun the drag like a dragsters rear tire. Unfortunately I was not quick enough on the uptake. Bob managed 2 @ 2.0 & 2.9. All LMB's were really chunky & evidently eating really well. This is my first LMB in 5 trips to Perris. It's been a tough year. I've been fishing for about 45 years & never had that long of a dry spell. Good luck to you all & keep your lines tight.

Those perris bass love those spider jigs, looks like their regular food. Good job on breaking the skunk.

Eat Sleep Fish
02-11-2009, 05:43 PM
good to hear things dont smell anymore....the skunk is goner

Striper Bill
02-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Good job out there!:Smile:

FishingFanatic
02-12-2009, 02:17 PM
I used to fish with you guys all the time in Summer of 06. I had the orange pontoon float and the white dodge ram if you remember me. Bob got me hooked on the spida grub and I never got to thank him for that. Cant believe its slowing down. Is the weed line still there? I floated the cove a few months back and monaged 4 trout D/S shad roboworms but nada 4 bass.