PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Lake

primster7
02-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know if they have stocked it yet this week?

The Rookie
02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I fished there yesterday and today and it was skunky. Yesterday, another fisherman said DFG stocked it in the morning. However, the water is all funky and green and I saw very few fish being caught. Yesterday, the dude next to me caught 2 5 to 6 inch skinny little guys. Today, I saw 2 fish caught both super small. The good news... all of the fish I saw caught were released and all were caught on small bits of powerbait. I tried gold glitter, lemon twist, and gulp chartruse 'salmon eggs' and got nada not even a nibble. I also threw a castmaster for a while. :Crying:
Anyone have any tips?

primster7
02-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I fished there yesterday and today and it was skunky. Yesterday, another fisherman said DFG stocked it in the morning. However, the water is all funky and green and I saw very few fish being caught. Yesterday, the dude next to me caught 2 5 to 6 inch skinny little guys. Today, I saw 2 fish caught both super small. The good news... all of the fish I saw caught were released and all were caught on small bits of powerbait. I tried gold glitter, lemon twist, and gulp chartruse 'salmon eggs' and got nada not even a nibble. I also threw a castmaster for a while. :Crying:
Anyone have any tips?

That place is kind of hit or miss for me.

I have been skunked the last few times and also saw some other regular users from this site there too and they were skunked. I agree the water is very funky right now. I have a question though and can't find it on the DFG website. What are the rules on catch and release? I don't really eat trout that often and just like catching them. If I catch them by the lip with a small lure or something and release them unharmed, do I leave after catching 5 if that's the limit?

FishEye
02-11-2009, 06:52 PM
use an Ultra Light setup with 2lb test line. size 10 Owners mosquito hook. powerworms and small split shot weights. Cast far and drag in slow with a pop once in a while or if you see the schools of trout throw in front so they run into it.

The Rookie
02-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks Fisheye ill try it out. I believe the lake has a 2 fish per person limit on all fish.

92yj
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
was there yesterday and it was slow got a few dinks on pb and a few more on p worm. vary slow and the water is dirty.

BassMasterson
02-11-2009, 09:40 PM
They have been working on the lake lately, They got all the pumps going again. The lake should clean itself back up soon, but when, I don't know... also, I think they usually stock on thursdays, but I don't know that for sure.

primster7
02-14-2009, 05:24 AM
I went to checkout the lake and caught 1 trout on a jig.

There were a few other people that caught 1-2 on powerbait.

A few locals said that they stocked it on Tuesday and fixed a broken pump. The lake should start to clear up soon.

Rooster
02-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice report there Primster7, Hope 2 cya out there sometime soon. I need to fish :Neutral: