PDA

View Full Version : My Paradigm Shifted so Radically, I Nearly Fell on My Face

City Dad
02-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I have become grateful for the "Hurry up and Wait" nature of my present position in that it allows me ample time to think... and to occaisonally chronicle those thoughts.

One thing I find myself doing is thinking up names for stuff. Like, what would be a good name for a band. I've come up with a lot of names which I feel would be great for a musical group - "Army of Bums," "Delusions of Adequacy," "Pus Fountain," "Something to Cry About," etc..

Recently, I've become fascinated with naming exotic dancers. I think I have a real knack for it. Among my best are; "Desire," "Mirage," "Saphire," "Sally," "Lady Temptation" and "Nasty Venus." But my all-time best - or at least what I thought was my all-time best - was "Charisma." Now that's a name a gal can take to the brass pole proudly...

...or so I thought until today.

You see, a client has asked me to match a color called "Merlot." I see a lot of crazy, or just plain stupid color names come across my desk, but "Merlot" took my breath away... how could anyone have ever stripped down to their g-string without that name? It's so perfect. I'm begining to think all dancers should be named "Merlot." Am I crazy?

tucunare
02-11-2009, 01:13 PM
well, it's certainly a lot easier for some folks that "cabernet sauvignon" or "taupe"...(huh?)

sansou
02-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Ever since the movie Sideways, I chuckle when I hear the word Merlot.

I'm sure somewhere tucked away in a dark alley in Münster is a gentleman's club with a fraulein with the stage name of Gewürztraminer.... perhaps even working the pole to "99 luftballoons".

DarkShadow
02-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Wait, you work with strippers?

I might take you up on your offer to surf fish if you can bring along some of these clients.

City Dad
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
[quote=DarkShadow;307562]Wait, you work with strippers?
[quote]

oh, no, no, no... at least none that I know of... and I really don't go to clubs anymore... and never really like 'em anyway... I just think about naming strippers... that's all... Is that wrong?

City Dad
02-11-2009, 01:51 PM
but my question remains; Is Merlot a better stripper's name than Charisma?

MAVERICK27
02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Merlot ROCKS!! I think they are all called "Raven" or "Destiny" right now.... Merlot is much better!!! What about Desire` , you know like De-Sire only pronounced Des-a-ray :)

Ponder that!

sansou
02-11-2009, 02:05 PM
but my question remains; Is Merlot a better stripper's name than Charisma?

("FYI on the etymology", and for your personal edification and cocktail party chat repertoire)

A merlot is the word we call a young blackbird in French (besides being the Bordeaux varietal). Comes from the word Merle, which is a blackbird. I used to shoot them with BB guns....

:LOL:

HBJapo
02-11-2009, 02:16 PM
("FYI on the etymology", and for your personal edification and cocktail party chat repertoire)

A merlot is the word we call a young blackbird in French (besides being the Bordeaux varietal). Comes from the word Merle, which is a blackbird. I used to shoot them with BB guns....

:LOL:

What about the strippers, did they get shot too?

Japo :Envious: