PDA

View Full Version : Question about DVL...

boomstikit
02-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I have access to air photos of the area were DVL lake was built. The images are from 1997. I can see houses, streets, rocks, etc. I can also get the exact GPS coordinates of these features. My question is, what did they do to the lake bottom during construction? Did they grade the lake bottom flat? Tear down the homes? Remove the streets? I hope somebody can answer this question. :Confused:

Thanks.

DarkShadow
02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I see someone found the .kml overlay of DVL.

Some of the stuff is still there, some of the stuff was removed.

What you REALLY need is the MWD topographic map of DVL....that'll let you know where every pebble is. :Secret:

boomstikit
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
That would be nice to have. Unfortunately, I don't have any connections with the MWD. Do you? I did look at a Fish-n-Map of DVL, campared it to to the photos. Looks like they did leave a lot of the hills, streets, etc. Don't know how accurate those Fisn-n-Maps are. :Confused:

C&R Bassin
02-11-2009, 12:57 PM
That would be nice to have. Unfortunately, I don't have any connections with the MWD. Do you?. :Confused:

You can buy the MWD topo at last chance or at the lake marina store....it is a great map.

lurk 182
02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
how do you use it, just subtract eighty or a hundred feet from the depths you read on the map? what a nightmare.

boomstikit
02-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Does the map have GPS coordinates on it? Just curious.

HEMAN
02-11-2009, 02:18 PM
how do you use it, just subtract eighty or a hundred feet from the depths you read on the map? what a nightmare.

haha.. good point...