PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, and want to say hello.

Tunaboss
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi guys, I just joined your forum, and I am looking to get some info on DVL. I have been fishing trout since I was a kid, mostly in the sierra's. I also enjoy deep sea fishing.

Last month I brought my boat home from Bullhead so that I can take my kids out fishing more often, my plan was to visit my local lakes, which would be Silverwood, Perris, DVL, Irvine, Corona, and this general area.

My first interest is DVL, since I have never been there.

I just started reading through your forum, and looks like alot for great information, and hope that I can be a contributor in the future.

For now, thought, I would like to know what is going on with DVL, their website says that I have to have a boat inspection, no problem, I think they are just looking at safety, and parasites. They also mention reservations.

So, as a newbie to the this lake, what should I expect, and what is the best way to actually get on the water. I don't have any plans to go there tomorrow, but would like to know what to expect so that when I do go, it is smooth and easy.

Also, any tips on how to fish this lake would be appreciated, I have 2 boys 13 and 8 years old, who love to fish with me, but lose interest if I can't put them on a fish every once in awhile.

My boat is 20 foot runabout, 350 motor, I also have a portable fishfinder.

Thanks guys,
Tunaboss

NoHo ART
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
welcome to the board:Beer Toast:
i have never fished DVL but i know you can't take you privet boat out there, the water level is to low to lunch your boat.. you must rent....
you are better of taking the kids to a pay lake for a while until you get em hooked lol...
that's how i got my wife hooked on fishing again :LOL:
good luck

sweetfish
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the madness.

NoHo is correct about DVL. Private boats are no longer allowed there since the launch ramp is about 100 feet out of the water. So only way to go boating is through their fairly high fee rentals. However the rentals are fairly comfortable since they are bass boats.

As far as taking your own ride out, hit Perris or Silverwood up. When spring comes around the fishing will be alot better at those two lakes. You also have Skinner as an option. The only setback is your boat must be a four stroke or one of the special two strokes. Also needs to be inspected for the "quagga mussel".

Keep in mind at Silverwood and Perris when the water warms up, the lake lice will be out in full force during the weekends.

mobilereef
02-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Any info you would like I would be happy to help...Send me a message when you are thinking about going fishing and I will try to guide you in the right direction.

Chris
Coastkeeper

snag
02-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Welcome!

It's going to be awhile before you get your boat onto DVL.
Enjoy the other lakes for the mean time and good luck to you and the kids.

Tight lines

Troutman65
02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Welcome to FNN. You should check out Irvine Lake for the trout fishing going on now.

GdHkSet1
02-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Tunaboss Welcome. If your in the riverside county area-check out Lake Hemet about 30 minutes up the Hwy 74 Florida St thru Hemet- They have some nice bows up there too. Lot of options: Irvine Lake is awesome and Big Bear too. On Weds the boats are 50 percent off for a full day@DV, but getting the kids on the water during a school week is tough for some.

Good luck, look fwd on seeing your fishing pics!

Mondo21
02-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Welcome Newbie!
Check out Irvine Lake "President Day Tournament Weekend" The 14,15, and 16. Click on Irvine Lake and get all the info. They will be stocking the lake just for this event. You can also use your own boat. Cindy:Big Grin: