PDA

View Full Version : Phenix Rods?

mx4life
02-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Where can one get a Phenix Rod. I saw one that I really liked at Fred Hall last year and now I want to buy one like it. I saw one store that carries them but, when I went all the guides were off center and not aligned straight. Anyone know if there going to be at fred hall this year? Thanks for they help.

MX

the fish taco
02-11-2009, 07:22 AM
The Lonfin has them. They are on Chapman and Prospect st in Orange.

DarkShadow
02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I saw one store that carries them but, when I went all the guides were off center and not aligned straight.

Were these the Ultra MBX bass series?

mx4life
02-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Were these the Ultra MBX bass series?

No they were 8 foot trout rods, green with a poodle handle. Nice and I was ready to buy one, but I cant justify spending 200 dollars on a rod when the guides dont line up. Ill try the longfin. I just found out Savon has them too. Is there a internet store though?

sonarbp
02-11-2009, 10:19 AM
No they were 8 foot trout rods, green with a poodle handle. Nice and I was ready to buy one, but I cant justify spending 200 dollars on a rod when the guides dont line up. Ill try the longfin. I just found out Savon has them too. Is there a internet store though?

Where you looking at a 2 piece rod? Maybe that could be why the guides didn't line up. Phenix rods only sells through distributors.....there are online dealers though!

BassTackleDepot.com

HookedUpTackle.com

Mudhole.com
400 Kane Court
Oviedo, FL 32765
(866)790-7637

Tackle Warehouse
745 Buckley Road
San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401
(800)300-4916

BassFreak
02-11-2009, 11:26 AM

I wouldnt get the rod from an internet store, esp. when youve noticed stuff like guides not lining up before. You're better off going to Longfin or Savon and haveing a hands-on inspection before you purchase. Both stores have a good (not great) selection of models, so you might want to call if they have the exact model your looking for before making the drive.

SOSO
02-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Where you looking at a 2 piece rod? Maybe that could be why the guides didn't line up. Phenix rods only sells through distributors.....there are online dealers though!

Yeah, I think it's a 2pc. rod you were looking at. I have a hard time finding 7ft. Trout rods in 1 pc.

Shyliners5
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
In my personal oppinion the OG Phenix's are better, got a couple in my collection.

But I think my friend may have that one, he's got a couple of their long trout rods. Great for jigging!

<*((((>{ Eric.

J. Owen
02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
for the best prices and selection
go to www.tacklewarehouse.com

DarkShadow
02-11-2009, 12:12 PM
I didn't know TackleWarehouse carried the Phenix trout series.

Nice! Glad to see they've expanded into the trout world as well.

J. Owen
02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
i am not sure so dont quote me but i pretty sure
dam i should have checked first sorry if they dont i just have lot of faith in that place it only 20 min from me and has everything i have ever needed but then again trout is not really on my angler arsonal let me do a check for you to be sure
you could probably order one strait from the dealer??

bsp
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Where can one get a Phenix Rod. I saw one that I really liked at Fred Hall last year and now I want to buy one like it. I saw one store that carries them but, when I went all the guides were off center and not aligned straight. Anyone know if there going to be at fred hall this year? Thanks for they help.

MX

Since it's a two piece, the two pieces just weren't aligned properly. Just twist the two pieces until they align. If not, they should be at the Fred Hall show. When you do pick one up, you'll like it a lot. I know that my 802 is a killer rod.

SOSO: Phenix makes a 7'6" 1 piece trout rod that is also a really good mini jig rod.

DarkShadow
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Since it's a two piece, the two pieces just weren't aligned properly. Just twist the two pieces until they align.

Problem solved!

:Cool:

mx4life
02-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Problem solved!

:Cool:

Oh brother. Im not going into detail on this but I know if a tip is not on correctly! This was not the case. The guides were wraped crooked. Every guied was about 1/32 off from eachother from the 4th up, going every which way. I wanted to see what was the style's avalible hence asking for a internet site that carries them.

bsp
02-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh brother. Im not going into detail on this but I know if a tip is not on correctly! This was not the case. The guides were wraped crooked. Every guied was about 1/32 off from eachother from the 4th up, going every which way. I wanted to see what was the style's avalible hence asking for a internet site that carries them.

Okay. Sorry about that, but a lot of times I've seen people in Turner's complain about rod being wrapped incorrectly when the rod was a two piece.

No internet site carries the Elixers that I am aware of, and I have looked at the dealer page on Phenix's website for them. Your best bet is the Fred Hall Show.

mx4life
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Im going to check longfin and a few others tommarow. If nothing else it looks like ill be waiting for fred hall. I just have this brand new stradic 1000 that is beggin for a new serria creek rod for this year. lol.

lurk 182
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
this is going to sound crazy, but here it goes, maybe you should consider another manufacturer. its not that difficult to get guides to line up. unless you were looking at some kind of display rod, (which still should not be wrapped crooked) i don't understand the facination with Phenix anyway, although it seems like everybody who has a posted a pic in the last few weeks has some kind of affiliation with them.

the fish taco
02-11-2009, 06:38 PM
just got another Phenix rod today from Longfin.... 9 footer, for my mini jig set-up..... they have 6 tout rods left 8ft+.....

bsp
02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
this is going to sound crazy, but here it goes, maybe you should consider another manufacturer. its not that difficult to get guides to line up. unless you were looking at some kind of display rod, (which still should not be wrapped crooked) i don't understand the facination with Phenix anyway, although it seems like everybody who has a posted a pic in the last few weeks has some kind of affiliation with them.

I guess the fascination, or whatever the heck it is, with the trout rods is because Phenix makes a high quality product that fills a very large gap for Californian trout fishermen. Kencors are nice rods, but neither they nor G. Loomis make a readily available 8ft ultra light trout rod. That is the way I interpret at least, and that's why I picked mine up.

I think that it's a little bit harsh to condemn them because of hearing that somebody found one mis-wrapped rod that you didn't see yourself. While I trust that mx4life isn't making it up, IMO it is better to judge after you've seen something in person. Are you going to never consider a Dobyns again because of their massive breakage issue? I know that I will give them another shot because they are good rods and companies are allowed to make mistakes as long as they are corrected.

apfish1969
02-11-2009, 07:18 PM
The Lonfin has them. They are on Chapman and Prospect st in Orange.

hey mr fish taco this adrian from phenix team give me a call at 818-982-9179

LightningRod
02-11-2009, 07:41 PM
PM me.. i have what your looking for.

mx4life
02-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I guess the fascination, or whatever the heck it is, with the trout rods is because Phenix makes a high quality product that fills a very large gap for Californian trout fishermen. Kencors are nice rods, but neither they nor G. Loomis make a readily available 8ft ultra light trout rod. That is the way I interpret at least, and that's why I picked mine up.

I think that it's a little bit harsh to condemn them because of hearing that somebody found one mis-wrapped rod that you didn't see yourself. While I trust that mx4life isn't making it up, IMO it is better to judge after you've seen something in person. Are you going to never consider a Dobyns again because of their massive breakage issue? I know that I will give them another shot because they are good rods and companies are allowed to make mistakes as long as they are corrected.

My fascination is just that, phenix makes a light, long mini jig rod, that feels like my 3 weight fly rod. Kencors are to heavy for my liking. It wasent just one miss wraped rod either though, it was about 6. I was verry open minded when I looked at them and wasent really picky so I looked at the entire stock they had and they were all the same. Im going to longfin tommaorw. Thanks for the heads up on that.

sansou
02-12-2009, 08:11 AM

I think you're on to something there...

mx4life
02-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Well picked one up from longfin today. Turns out they had a huge stock. I never new longfin had phenix stuff, I thought they were all shimano. Got a 8.5 footer, paired with my new stradic, this is a nice BD present to myself lol. Now the question stands, to go break it in, in the rain tommaorw? lol.

the fish taco
02-12-2009, 06:51 PM
i'll be fishing tomorrow and saturday. pm me if you want to meet up.... i knew they would hook you up there....

mx4life
02-13-2009, 02:02 AM
i'll be fishing tomorrow and saturday. pm me if you want to meet up.... i knew they would hook you up there....

I was going to go creekin tommaorw but I dont feel like cleaning a ton of mud off my truck with this rain thats comming. But I have this hard itch to go catch a limit at SARL on saturday. Where were you headed. PM me if you want. Im always game for fishin.

tpfishnfool
02-13-2009, 07:34 AM
MX4LIFE, Nice Avatar ! Go Orange !! What bike do you ride ? I have been on a Pumpkin since 2002 and have no plans to get off..

formosa
02-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Well picked one up from longfin today. Turns out they had a huge stock. I never new longfin had phenix stuff, I thought they were all shimano. Got a 8.5 footer, paired with my new stradic, this is a nice BD present to myself lol. Now the question stands, to go break it in, in the rain tommaorw? lol.

which model did you pick? go get them, and have fun with your new phenix.

mx4life
02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
As far as a rod goes I got a 8 1/2 footer 2-8 pound test with a full handle. Its really nice. But I did however notice that even a few of the longfins rods the guides didnt line up.

As far as dirt bikes, I ride a 07 KTM 525 XC with way to much crap done to it. It is a definate inprovement over my old xr400. Some day id like to have a 300xc-w.

Vman
02-13-2009, 01:33 PM
As far as a rod goes I got a 8 1/2 footer 2-8 pound test with a full handle. Its really nice. But I did however notice that even a few of the longfins rods the guides didnt line up.

Don't fall in and break that pretty new rod. Got a new Stradic FBMG 3000 for my dropshotting.

mx4life
02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Don't fall in and break that pretty new rod. Got a new Stradic FBMG 3000 for my dropshotting.

Its a good thing no one saw that incident. Id never live that chit down! Damn mud. That reel works perfent on that rod man, thanks again. I went up to the foot ball feild park and tried to break it in today with no luck. Cormerands had the fish to spooked.