PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Latest addition

Seng90806
02-10-2009, 11:17 PM
are these guys going to help out? what was this trade all about?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/62dc1ea09df2bf5354beb25e1a24b5c1-ge.jpg

Liteliner
02-11-2009, 12:48 AM
The lakers were probably trying to free up some salary space to resign Odom next year. Morrison isnt a horrible player either so I think the lakers got a good trade. They hopefully will resign Odom.

crystalmath79
02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
The trade was to free up some money to resign Odom next year. Hopefully, Morrison becomes the shooter he was at Gonzaga. The other guy will probably get released.

sweetfish
02-11-2009, 08:29 AM
What has been going on with Odom these last couple of years? He sure was more of a miss that a hit when the Lakers first got him. Now he has been a strong contributor to this team. I am still not sold yet, but he is sure making me rethink the idea. As far as Morrison goes I sure do hope he turns into the shooter he was. That will definitely help free up some lanes especially when the second unit is on the floor.

DarkShadow
02-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Now [Odom] has been a strong contributor to this team.

I wonder if he's in a contract year.

Oh wait, that's right, he is.

That's why he was bitter earlier in the year when he was coming off the bench.

fuj
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
I wonder if he's in a contract year.

Oh wait, that's right, he is.

That's why he was bitter earlier in the year when he was coming off the bench.

Regardless of whether Lamar starts or comes off the bench, he's going to have to accept less money next year than what he makes now if he wants to stay with the Lakers.

As for the Morrison/Brown acquisition, I like the deal. The Lakers dump a bad contract in Vlad Rad; they save some money in the long term; and the rotation becomes a lot clearer without Vlad. I've been wanting the Lakers to pick up another guard. It'll be nice not having to risk playing Fish, Ariza, or Farmar during garbage-time. Morrison, wow. Who knows what this guy may turn out to be. I'm rooting for him. But if neither Brown nor Morrison pan out, they're easily jettisoned since their contracts are quite short.

Scoring Machine
02-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Hopefully, Morrison becomes the shooter he was at Gonzaga.

He actually IS the shooter he was at Gonzaga... NBA career 3pt% is 34%, at Gonzaga for his career he shot 35%. It is a complete and utter myth that he is a good shooter. A good college scorer? Yes, of course, but not a great shooter.

Anyone considered a good shooter in college is generally around 40%, and frequently at 45% or higher from 3pt land.

Career stats at Gonzaga while cleaning up on horrible WCC competition...

19.7 PPG, 5 boards, 2 dimes, 35% from downtown, not bad by any means, but the percentage of games against horrible teams was VERY high.

That said, it was a good deal contract wise for the Lakers, so regardless of play it was a solid move.

Morrison just has a lot of strikes against him...

A lack of athleticism for the NBA level
He cried DURING an NCAA tourney game
He's diabetic
Already had a major knee surgery

And he was picked one spot ahead of Brandon Roy in the NBA draft. Another fine job of player evaluation by Michael Jordan.

bitedez
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
shannon brown has hops!

Hitts0n
02-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Im glad the lakers got rid of who they did.waste of space

calico killer kevin
02-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't need him to be another Ariza, but just a solid player. He has very good
guard size and I think he will fit well into the triangle. If he can pass well than
he might be playing the same role as Walton.

Oh and Lakers have a bad habit of picking up Jordan's mishaps and trash, let's
just hope this isn't the same case:ROFL:.