PDA

View Full Version : Saved by a Sandie in NPH

klocked
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Got to NPH for some casting between docks but I didn't check the tides before hand. Upon arriving, tide was too high to get down on the sand to any of that.
Hit up Newport Pier for nothing but some nice sunshine and minimal breeze. Tried a few public docks, nobody home there either. After a while I went back where I started and made a few casts from the sandy beach between 9th and 10th streets, no fish there either. Walked up to 15th to try that dock and was entertained by a sunken boat(the pic I took didnt stick in the cam). Made a few cast there but too much activity going on to stick around.

Decided to take it to the jetty.... and got the skunk off... :Envious:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/klocked/Im002962.jpg

All in all, it was a nice day. Lots of sun, a little breeze and I walked alot.
Next time I'll be checking the tide charts like I usually do. The current was ripping today.

Klocked

HESBROS
02-11-2009, 12:53 AM
John, what time did you get there? I forgot to set my alarm, woke up at 0630! was on the by 0645 got to 10th street at 0800. In my rush I also forgot my cell. I drove up and down looking for you. I fished the sandy beach for one small spottie, at the 9th street end. That was it for me, I left at 1100.

klocked
02-11-2009, 07:58 PM
John, what time did you get there? I forgot to set my alarm, woke up at 0630! was on the by 0645 got to 10th street at 0800. In my rush I also forgot my cell. I drove up and down looking for you. I fished the sandy beach for one small spottie, at the 9th street end. That was it for me, I left at 1100.

Couldn't get there till 9. Suprised we didnt bump into each other.

flyngby
02-11-2009, 08:03 PM
John.

Way to stick it out in difficult conditions that will not go away for awhile until the weather lightens up!!!!!!

The 1 is better than none!!!! And Glad to see you exploring the area.

While my 2 buddies (You and Eddie) continue to play in my bay, I continue to slave in my work bay!!!!!!

Steve

klocked
02-19-2009, 08:04 PM
John.

Way to stick it out in difficult conditions that will not go away for awhile until the weather lightens up!!!!!!

The 1 is better than none!!!! And Glad to see you exploring the area.

While my 2 buddies (You and Eddie) continue to play in my bay, I continue to slave in my work bay!!!!!!

Steve

Thanks Steve :Smile:

I think I need to hold off on fishing down there until we can meet up there and maybe you can show me how to catch spotties with skill instead of luck? :ROFL:

flyngby
02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
As I remember that day I think you schooled me!!!:Secret:

Steve

klocked
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
As I remember that day I think you schooled me!!!:Secret:

Steve

Steve, ... I think we can both "quickly" agree it was luck :LOL:

Every time since, it's ended with this... ":Angry:"..... :LOL:

Thanks for the pm though, it's renewed my spirit for NPH :Cool: