PDA

View Full Version : Question for this weeks coming tourney

CALFISHER4EVR
02-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi all, Can I ask a question to all you seasoned anglers at the vine?
Do you think these colors will work at the vine if I drop shotted these colors for trout?

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/Hook-Set/th_P2100210.jpg

Rooster
02-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Offer a breakfast burrito and im sure you will get answers :LOL:

BingJr
02-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I would start with the color in the middle tray and work your way out from there. Im not saying, Im just saying.

Seng90806
02-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Offer a breakfast burrito and im sure you will get answers :LOL:

sounds like a good trade off :LOL: you should take this offer before its off the table

MAVERICK27
02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
I agree with Bing. Start with green, go to orange, then pink, last yellow. I haven't had any luck on yellow. Add Gulp eggs at the top of the worms though....the fish LOVE them some eggs. Make sure the color is as opposite the worm color as possible. I.E. green worm, pink or white egg, orange worm, green white or pink egg. Works for me :) Good luck!!

CALFISHER4EVR
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I agree with Bing. Start with green, go to orange, then pink, last yellow. I haven't had any luck on yellow. Add Gulp eggs at the top of the worms though....the fish LOVE them some eggs. Make sure the color is as opposite the worm color as possible. I.E. green worm, pink or white egg, orange worm, green white or pink egg. Works for me :) Good luck!!

THANKS MAV, I appreciate your tips and I will try them with your suggestions.
I do not think I could afford 800 burrito's:LOL: I heard that is how many fish the tournaments. It is not really about any tourney. I just wanted to know if plastics will work for trout. I wanted to try something new other that the usually pb set up. I will let you know if it works.

Troutman65
02-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes, plastics work for the trout at Irvine Lake. I went to bass Pro Shop yesterday to stock up on tackle & more plastics.Berkely Gulp makes these earthworms that come in a jar. I got the Chart. and pink ones. Hopefully the Steelhead want it. :Big Grin:

MAVERICK27
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
If you want to know a lot about fishing plastics, find Timster. He usually volunteers at the gate at the Vine when yo upull in. he will help you a lot. All he uses are plastics!!! Good luck!!!

CALFISHER4EVR
02-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. I will try those ideas except the burrito's:Big Grin:

Mondo21
02-11-2009, 11:04 PM
They love white also. Cindy:Big Grin:

troutdog
02-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Orange always seems to produce, I would add a pearl/white to the arsenal and add some type of scented product...I'll take my with bacon, the potatoes well done and salsa on the side :LOL:

TD

HEMAN
02-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Orange always seems to produce, I would add a pearl/white to the arsenal and add some type of scented product...I'll take my with bacon, the potatoes well done and salsa on the side :LOL:

TD

damn that breakfast burrito sounds good..