PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Jeremy Lusk 11/26/1984 - 02/09/2009

Oz
02-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Freestyle Motocross Star Dies

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9248/12530020eo7.jpg

Jeremy Lusk, of Temecula, CA, has died after he under-rotated a Hart Attack backflip and slammed head
first into the dirt on Saturday, Feb. 7 in Costa Rica. He sustained severe brain damage and a possible spinal
cord injury, said Jorge Ramirez, chief of the intensive care unit at Calderon Hospital.

Lusk survived an initial surgery late Saturday night that was intended to stem brain swelling, even though
his chances of surviving the procedure were low.

"He was in a medicine-induced coma as a protective measure, and the medicine was being reduced to see
how his organism responded," said Ramirez.

"That didn't mean he was going to wake up. He was in shock and that got worse last night, until he stopped
responding and entered into cardiac and respiratory failure."

He died with wife, Lauren, his parents, and friends at his side at approximately 11:30 PM PST.

Lusk had just come off an incredibly successful 2008 season, in which he took home Freestyle gold and Best
Trick silver at the X Games, and in the process landed the first ever double grab Hart Attack backflip. He also
won both Freestyle and Best Trick gold at the X Games Mexico, finished third overall in Freestyle on the '08
Dew Tour, and earned a bronze helmet at the Moto X World Championships.

A trust has been set up in his memory, and donations can be made through the Athlete Recovery fund,
www.athleterecoveryfund.com (http://www.athleterecoveryfund.com). Jeremy Lusk will be sorely
missed and the staff at GrindTV offers our deepest condolences to his family and friends. Please visit his blog
for more details. http://prayforjeremylusk.blogspot.com

MAVERICK27
02-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Sad, very sad. He was a good friend of my last roomate. Seemed like a good guy, the way he talked about him. I never met him. Rest in peace.....God's Speed

lurk 182
02-10-2009, 06:51 PM
wow, that sucks. wish i was in a better position to be able to do something for that fund. those guys don't get paid near enough for what they do and there's a hundred guys who are paralyzed or otherwise out of business and there's no coverage for their family or anything. sad, he was a young guy too.

PHISHnutS
02-10-2009, 09:26 PM
What a tragedy, RIP....

BIGRED KILLA
02-10-2009, 10:16 PM
R.I.P. Jeremy Lusk keep on riding with all the angels on the clouds,....It really makes you think of life and how fast it can end.Please guys spend as much time as you can with your family and friends on your days off don't be behind a computer all day go out and spend time with the people you love..You never know what your last words will be to some one so always say nice kind words to people.A couple weeks ago my parents lost one of there biker buddy's on Topanga he left this world with a couple kids i remember two days before his death i made him a lobster and shrimp dinner it was a shock too me cause i just saw him but just imagine his kids too sad.

Bigred

BingJr
02-10-2009, 10:21 PM
He flew with the angels when he was alive, now he is one of em. What a tragic story. Breaks my heart.

Seng90806
02-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Only the good die young...REST IN PEACE

Troutman65
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, that really sucks he died. He was so young.

baadfish69
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Jeremy was one cool cat. He will be missed. Ive met alot of hardcore freestyle moto-x riders, and they all know how dangerous the tricks they do are, but they have a drive to succeed like no other. Lusk was a brave and outstanding rider, whose death hopefully will encourage riders to be a bit more careful. Too many riders are ending up hurt or killed. Its just sad. He was so young, ya know? RIP Jeremy.

matt duarte
02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
He flew with the angels when he was alive, now he is one of em. What a tragic story. Breaks my heart.

couldnt of said it better myself dude....R.I.P jeremy

LateFisher
02-12-2009, 11:17 AM
he flew with the angels when he was alive, now he is one of em. What a tragic story. Breaks my heart.

i could'nt agree with you guys more, these guys live and ride with no boundrys that's why they are the best at what they do,may god watch over them !!!!!!!!

J. Owen
02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
there are angels among us to keep us safe
when one must go to keep another living and protected
we all should feel so lucky to be next
i hope some day i have the privilidge of watching over another
as myself has been