PDA

View Full Version : Blithe Fishing Questions...

Shyliners5
02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
This Is my First post.
Hitting Blythe this wknd, 1st time.
My chicks family have a pad there. So bringing the Kayaks.
Wanna hit Smallies, Largemouth, BIG Cat, Stripers, etc.

Asking for a 'lil help here.
Anyone got any helpful info on spots, lures, patterns, bait, rigging, roads, canals, Launching, shore spots, access, river stuff pertaining to the area?

Gonna fish HARD... morning, night, rain, cold, whatever. For 4 days.
Planning on posting something good when I come back (w/pics).

It will be a change for my yak' though cuz it's never felt freshwater.
I'm sure they'll be smaller swells. and less sharks lol.

I DO know how to fish.
But it pays to do your research.

Your Input is GREATLY appreciated!

Eric.

BassinPLS
02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Try posting you inquiry in the Colorado River section. You'll probably find someone there whose is able to answer your questions.

Good Luck.
:Smile:

Lipripper93561
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I canoed 70 miles between Blythe CA and can't rember the city we stopped at. The water levels drops and rises with the flow of the dam. If I remember right the water shuts down early evening, so the levels drop quite a bit. I never really caught anything in the main channels. But there are quite a few kickouts filled with reads and cover. While fishin in the reeds I spooked about a 25-30lb catfish that scared the crap out of me. There are tons of bass in those kickouts, plastic worms carolina rigged, drop shotted as well. Spinner baits worked good to. For the catfish we soaked makeral, and did quite well. The fish are used to the dropping levels of water and don't move out of the holding spots unless the water drops to less than 1 foot. Tons of fish in the shallows in the evening. We brought a fly rod and fished streamers for a few large bass. Good luck.

Lipripper93561
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Blythe to Yuma, that was the trip.

BigGameHunter
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Ive fished the back waters in Blythe. It actually produced some nice sized largemouth's!! Good luck out there!!!

BGH