PDA

View Full Version : Duct Saturday

Lipripper93561
02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Headed out to the duct Saturday, planned this trip for a week, so or course you can count on it to rain, and rain it did. Met a fellow in a brown van, pulled up and fished for about 5 minutes and came up to talk, said you had to be crazy %&$# to fish today, was comparing fishing to your first experience with a chick...always want more, guy had a mouth that would make a sailor blush, but cracked me up. We tossed rattle traps, and tube baits for nada, and set up a soaker pole just to see what might be luring with a whole anchovie with a stinger hook. Only catch of the day was released, and that was a clam that decided to hang on to the stinger hook. Got soaked, didn't catch anything but had a blast out there. Came home to find the cat that showed up at the house last week keeping my spare rig warm for me.

Eat Sleep Fish
02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
i never really liked cats but that ones not so bad hahah

yolo
02-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Headed out to the duct Saturday, planned this trip for a week, so or course you can count on it to rain, and rain it did. Met a fellow in a brown van, pulled up and fished for about 5 minutes and came up to talk, said you had to be crazy %&$# to fish today, was comparing fishing to your first experience with a chick...always want more, guy had a mouth that would make a sailor blush, but cracked me up. We tossed rattle traps, and tube baits for nada, and set up a soaker pole just to see what might be luring with a whole anchovie with a stinger hook. Only catch of the day was released, and that was a clam that decided to hang on to the stinger hook. Got soaked, didn't catch anything but had a blast out there. Came home to find the cat that showed up at the house last week keeping my spare rig warm for me.

Sounds like you met Hill. Did you park in the dirt at that spot in your pic? Beats walking from the bridge in the rain.

WJC71
02-10-2009, 05:01 PM
It sure does sound like Hill
Too Bad on the skunk...... Maybe next time

Lipripper93561
02-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I park up by the fence, they recently graded the roads up there, he parked up there as well. As always cools cats at the duct.