PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin area and Lake Mojave????

Levianth
02-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Any tips on fishing the river from Laughlin up to the damn and then on Lake Mojave? I have fished both trout and stripper about 10 years ago and I was wondering if anybody has fished recently? Thanks in advance!

The Angler
02-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I was at the river last summer sking. Theres carp all over the place every single boat lauch area is infested with carp, especially mojave. The waters al usually nice and clear so u should be able to see the fish easily. Are u going to be fishing from a boat? If so it wont be to hard to find a spot theres fish eveywhere in there.

Levianth
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks but I was looking more for stripper and trout locations....I really want to get into some stripper on Lake Mojave. I will have a boat on friday all day. I figure ill use some anchovies as I know the fish are still probably holding deep.

1lineR
02-17-2009, 10:39 PM
I will be on Lake Mojave this weekend. Your best bet for trout and stripers is to go out of Willow Beach and work from mile marker 53 down to 47. If you have horsepower you could continue down to marker 39.
If you want to launch at Kathrines try the coves near mile marker 12 but mostly strippers being caught is this part of the lake.

I hoe you find the fish or I'll be in the same boat.

basscaptain
02-19-2009, 07:18 AM
I will be on Lake Mojave this weekend. Your best bet for trout and stripers is to go out of Willow Beach and work from mile marker 53 down to 47. If you have horsepower you could continue down to marker 39.
If you want to launch at Kathrines try the coves near mile marker 12 but mostly strippers being caught is this part of the lake.

I hoe you find the fish or I'll be in the same boat.

good info here, I know someone that just came back from there with the same info