PDA

View Full Version : carp bait?

lilmystery246
02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey I know corn works but what kind of hook and what size? And is there any good dough bait recipes for carp or catfish? Please help. My brother just went fishing and so guy gave my bro some dough the guy made and he told my bro the recipe and that day my bro got 1 trout and 1 carp. And lost about 2 carp. Please help

Eat Sleep Fish
02-10-2009, 12:30 AM
anything that smells bad...LOL

Liteliner
02-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Cornbread is good. Potato bread is a killer. There is a dough called Masa(spanish) that also works. Try pillsbury dough boys biscuit in a canister. Shredded mini wheats mixed with honey is good. Theres so many things you can catch carp on depending on the lake. Those are just a few I like to use.

I like sight fishing for them with bread or crawlers. They love cruisin shallow on nice warm days during this time of year. Get a pair of polarized glasses and hunt and stalk these carp. They can be very spookish though so youd have to be sneaky about it. If you fish city lakes for carp then target areas where you see people feeding ducks regularly. Carp tend to clean up whatever the ducks miss. I always try to flyline a bait to the carps so I wont use more than 6# test and a small sized hook is fine. Good luck...

steve092
02-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Go to just about any store and pick up a package of instant masa. It is in a green and white bag. I use that at Mojave Narrows up here for carp and it works really good. And it is simple to make, just add water.

Remember, carp fishing is best done on 4lb line!

DarkShadow
02-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Tortillas!

Cut them in little squares, thread them onto a small mosquito hook, and voila.

Just don't grab too many, or else your moms te va dar un coscorron.

Lechuga
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Tortillas!

Cut them in little squares, thread them onto a small mosquito hook, and voila.

Just don't grab too many, or else your moms te va dar un coscorron.

I have to agree with darkshadow !
Trucha con la chancla ! :ROFL:

Manny
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
There is a dough called Masa(spanish) that also works.
:ROFL::ROFL:, dont you remember his old avatar of the lady making tamales with masa...
There is a good recipe here that I have used for carp at Lake Elsinore.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=16013

TonyLisa
02-10-2009, 06:53 PM
boil 1/2 cup of water in a pan, add 5 spoons of garlic salt or regular salt in boiling water and stir, pour in some cornmeal while stiring little by little till it turns into dough let it cool down then roll it into a ball and your ready to go i like to use four pound string with only a small treble hook no weights just the hook just toss it in the lake and wait for the fish to bite i caught carp catfish and trout with that if u see any bubbleing in the water throw it in that spot could be a carp

Ifishtoolittle
02-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey I know corn works but what kind of hook and what size? And is there any good dough bait recipes for carp or catfish? Please help. My brother just went fishing and so guy gave my bro some dough the guy made and he told my bro the recipe and that day my bro got 1 trout and 1 carp. And lost about 2 carp. Please help

Try fly fishing for the dang things with malbury flies :LOL:, but if your for the bait and wait gem bread, corn, any mixture with pastry and other sweet items would work. Also maybe go the pet store and buy big pellets soak them and give those a whirl. (Just a thought)