PDA

View Full Version : bullhead in lake perris?

socalrippin
02-09-2009, 03:28 PM
i caught what looked like a bullhead catfish at lake perris but it broke my line as i was lifting it into the boat. as far as i knew there were no bullhead in lake perris. can anyone confirm this?

Mister Twister
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I've caught bullheads at Jackson lake,San gabriel river, Rio hondo river, peck road lake,they like meal worm, I think i got them all on that live bait.BBL too.I would think they are in Perris also.Hard fighting critters!

CraigH
02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
About 10 years ago we did an overnight catfishing trip to Perris and caught nothing but bullheads.

pasadenafishin
02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
there are bull head everywhere..

fishmounter
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes they are in there. Almost everywhere that you have water/wading birds, you'll have Bullheads. The eggs stick to the bird's legs and are transfered to different bodies of water.
....Supposedly

Baja Vinnie
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
i caught what looked like a bullhead catfish at lake perris but it broke my line as i was lifting it into the boat. as far as i knew there were no bullhead in lake perris. can anyone confirm this?

I've caught a few bullheads out of perris fishing at night. They're a different kind than the bullheads at the Pudd. The ones I've caught at perris were a dark brown/yellow with white wiskers. The ones at the pudd are black with white belly and black wiskers. I have a couple of each in my backyard pond right now. The brown bullheads are real skiddish. I hardly ever see them. The black ones come out and eat with my channels on the surface when I feed them.

Socal Bassman
02-09-2009, 11:45 PM
My buddy and I used to catch a ton of them nine years ago while fishing at night. There's no reason why they shouldn't still be in there. Glad to hear you got the boat back in the water.

TEAM CASTIN
02-10-2009, 07:20 AM
yea they do have bullheads
every time i fish for cats their
i just go to the dam
and drop down mackral and catch a bullhead
thats the only type of cat ive caught

but also try for bluegill
lots 11 and 12
just use crickets