PDA

View Full Version : "SWBA" 'The Spiderwire Cabin Fever Reliever'

flyngby
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi all,

Eddie (HESBROS) and I fished in the Salt Water Bass Anglers "The Spiderwire Cabin Fever Reliever'" Event in NPH on Sat 2/7. Spottie's ONLY!!!!

My thanks to those that sent PM's with encouragement!

This was the 1st of 6 events for their season and out first event as a team.

A member of FNN finished on the 1st Place Team for a nice payday of $1,533.00.:Beer Toast::Thumbs Up:

But it was not our Team 47 "Spotted Fever".:Spank:

Conditions were tough for all competitors out there today with the weather, big tide swing, and some very stained turning to muddy waters as the day progressed. :Singing In Rain:

We could just not find the bigger fish that we were getting during all our normal fun trips together!!:Sad:

We did weigh our biggest 5 fish for a total of 5.92 lbs. and put our abnormal 1.29 lb. Big Fish in for a prayer that we would not even measure or weigh on most days but we were scrapping for them!!!:Banned:

The Big Boy Teams came out to play today that were not there at my last event with my son.

We ended up 28th out of 68 teams. No money for us, but we were happy we at least had 5 fish to weigh in and we did get crucial points for the series!!!!!!

Next stop Dana Point for the Calico Coastal on April 4!

Steve

P.S. Sorry no pics today as we were a little busy fishing!

Wingnut
02-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Sounds like a fun day on the water despite the tough conditions Steve. I've been going stir crazy not being able to get out in the surf for the past couple of weeks. :Neutral: Maybe things will clear up for next weekend.
You & Eddie make a fine team... congrats on earning the points, keep up the nice work. Good luck on your next five series and looking forward to the report updates. :Cool:

klocked
02-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Steve,

28th place isn't too far down the line!! And I see that you're ahead of some of those "Big Boy Teams", so you and Eddie did pretty good IMO. Keep up the good work out there.... and congratulations!!

John

HESBROS
02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Steve, you forgot to mention, if any one happens to snag or hook a Abu Garcia rod with an Ambassadar reel, say around 5th street in NPH, please let "FLYNGBY" know!!!! LOL.....Now I know where your screen name came from, it went "FLYNGBY"!!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!

Steve,
On a serious note, thanks for driving to rig most of the day (for those who never have steered around with a trolling motor and fished at the same time, it takes talent) and all the hard work you have done in preperation for the series and this event. Sorry if it seemd like I was getting a bit Crabby and cranky as day wore on. I was just frustrated that the damn fish we have no problem finding were hiding so well and I had to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Eddie

Nessie Hunter
02-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Congrats guys, good job...

Great start to a winning season for you...

klocked
02-09-2009, 08:39 AM
......Steve, On a serious note, thanks for driving to rig most of the day (for those who never have steered around with a trolling motor and fished at the same time, it takes talent) and all the hard work you have done in preperation for the series and this event. Sorry if it seemd like I was getting a bit Crabby and cranky as day wore on. I was just frustrated that the damn fish we have no problem finding were hiding so well and I had to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Eddie

You got that right Eddie!! Steve working that boat into all those tiny spaces is what distracted me from catching more fish:Envious:. The whole time we were out there, I was like how in the heck does he do that?!!!! Truly amazing..... :Cool:

Steve,
Sorry to hear about the setup that went Flyngby!

sonarbp
02-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Steve

It was great to finally meet you at the basstravaganza.
It was tough conditions for sure on Sat. 28th is not bad...... besides like you said you got the "crucial points for the series!!!!!!"

Maybe we can get together sometime and do a little fishing before the Dana tourney.

Brian (sonarbp)

HESBROS
02-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Steve

It was tough conditions for sure on Sat. 28th is not bad...... besides like you said you got the "crucial points for the series!!!!!!"

Maybe we can get together sometime and do a little fishing before the Dana tourney.

Brian (sonarbp)

Brian, we will be using my boat in the Dana round.....Lets hook up on a monday and do some prefishing down there....it is going to come in hurry! I am going down to NPH on foot right now in the rain to get my revenge on those damn spotties!

Eddie

sonarbp
02-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Brian, we will be using my boat in the Dana round.....Lets hook up on a monday and do some prefishing down there....it is going to come in hurry! I am going down to NPH on foot right now in the rain to get my revenge on those damn spotties!

Eddie

Sounds good Eddie! Just need to know what day would be good. My business is real slow right now so I can swing pretty much any day of the week. Your right about the next tourney date.......April is just around the corner.

Have you guys ever fished down near Dana? Lots of great boiler fishing and alot of hidden structure that hold big fish!!!

Brian

reckless_m@
02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the SWBA guys! I have fished a few tournaments here and there but this year is my first full SWBA season! Pre-fishing really made the difference for us. We stuck to our plan and it managed to work out for a 7th Place finish and paycheck! SOOO STOKED to make top 10 our first tourney against all the big dogss. See u guys in Dana!

Next up the Wallbanger!!

Boat #20 - Team FACE DOWN bASS UP

fishnFF
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice work gentlemen! I am proud to say that I have fished with the current ranked 28th team in the SWBA. :Big Smile: I want to also relate to both flyngby and hesbros that everyone up here was rediculously freakin jealous of my lobsters. I actually had a couple guys I work with want to plan a trip down there to get after the buggs. Hope to fish with you all soon. Headed down in early april so maybe an NPH trip if either of you...or anyone for that matter can swing it. Again good work!

Tim

flyngby
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a fun day on the water despite the tough conditions Steve. I've been going stir crazy not being able to get out in the surf for the past couple of weeks. :Neutral: Maybe things will clear up for next weekend.
You & Eddie make a fine team... congrats on earning the points, keep up the nice work. Good luck on your next five series and looking forward to the report updates. :Cool:

Arthur,

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

It was not the normal day in our NPH Office though!!!! We will go on to the next event trying to move up the board!!!!

Things don't look good for my 4 day weekend as far as the weather goes.

Steve,

28th place isn't too far down the line!! And I see that you're ahead of some of those "Big Boy Teams", so you and Eddie did pretty good IMO. Keep up the good work out there.... and congratulations!!

John

Thanks John,

Things could have a lot worse and no limit!!!!! And yes we did do better than a few of the more experienced!!!!

Steve, you forgot to mention, if any one happens to snag or hook a Abu Garcia rod with an Ambassadar reel, say around 5th street in NPH, please let "FLYNGBY" know!!!! LOL.....Now I know where your screen name came from, it went "FLYNGBY"!!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!

Eddie

You are right in that statement but I was more disappointed in that I had such a great hook set to send it over the rail and then to watch it spit the hook before my very eyes and then to almost go swimming in the 54 degree water to save it!!!!

Congrats guys, good job...

Great start to a winning season for you...

Thanks,

Looking to move up in the rankings!!!!!

Steve,
Sorry to hear about the setup that went Flyngby!

It is out there for the catching!!!!!

Steve

Brian (sonarbp)

Thanks Brian,

Glad to meet you also and to thank you for getting us into the SWBA arena!

Consistancy is what it will take to move up.

Welcome to the SWBA guys! I have fished a few tournaments here and there but this year is my first full SWBA season! Pre-fishing really made the difference for us. We stuck to our plan and it managed to work out for a 7th Place finish and paycheck! SOOO STOKED to make top 10 our first tourney against all the big dogss. See u guys in Dana!

Next up the Wallbanger!!

Boat #20 - Team FACE DOWN bASS UP

Not so much Prefishing but our normal fun days were over 9 lbs. Thad is what was disappointing and why they call it fishing.

Congrats on finishing up in the $$$$$$$$

Nice work gentlemen! I am proud to say that I have fished with the current ranked 28th team in the SWBA. :Big Smile: I want to also relate to both flyngby and hesbros that everyone up here was rediculously freakin jealous of my lobsters. I actually had a couple guys I work with want to plan a trip down there to get after the buggs. Hope to fish with you all soon. Headed down in early april so maybe an NPH trip if either of you...or anyone for that matter can swing it. Again good work!

Tim

Thanks Tim.

Hope to see you down soon!!!!

HESBROS
02-12-2009, 11:40 PM

Tim

Hmmm, early April, we have a SWBA Event (tourny) April 4th or 5th, whichever is Saturday...As far as Mon-Wed, I am always pretty busy, but I might be able to squeeze a day of fishing in.....especially for you, but lobster season will be closed, but the spring halibut spawn should be in full swing!!!!!!

Eddie