PDA

View Full Version : corona lake 2-7-09 with pics 20 trout

lilmystery246
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
well i wrote this report already but as soon as i clicked submit new thead it told me to log in so i did. and it said to click back and i did and everything got deleted so i have to write a short version now! i wrote so much earlier i got so mad!!!! whats up with that dana!!.........well heres a short boring version sorry guys =[.....

we stayed from 6:30 am to 9pm.. from 6:30 to 4 pm we got 13 trout and gave 3 away in the second time from 5 pm to 9 pm we ended up with 20 fish and gave 3 away.. we got 15 trout and two bass.. we kept the bass because they both died and whouldnt swim away. the first liltle bass was on nightcrawler. i caught the second bass in a crazy way!!! we were leaving already and taking out our rods and while i was reeling in the nightcrawler waiting for it to get to shore BAM!! MY ROD GOES BENDO! WTF I THOUGHT TO MYSELF. well i landed it and it was hooked in the lip and for some reason it whouldnt swim away then it instenly died and trust me it was handeled with care. well we ended up taking 17 fish home and a bunch of tail walkers. so we took them to the shop so they chould filet them. well its was the best fishing trip so far lol. we had a great time. and again the long story whould of been WAY better. well thanks to every1 thats been giving me tips on fishing all the time =] and the people who always write back to my questions and threads =]

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/corona1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/S7300078.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/S7300079.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/S7300081.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/S7300082.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/S7300084.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/S7300085.jpg

Git R Done
02-08-2009, 04:46 PM
wow nice kill. hey what happened to your avatar with that lady? that one kicked a**!

DccFISHerMan
02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
looks like u got urself some few trout... and bass!!

socalrippin
02-08-2009, 07:56 PM
thats what im talkin bout!!!!! ive been waiting for this report!!!! you just may have inspired me enough to cough up the $22 to get out there.

thats cool you caught two bass just too bad they committed suicide lol. my avatar bass is at corona about two months ago. got two fatty bass that day.

lilmystery246
02-09-2009, 12:27 AM
thats what im talkin bout!!!!! ive been waiting for this report!!!! you just may have inspired me enough to cough up the $22 to get out there.

thats cool you caught two bass just too bad they committed suicide lol. my avatar bass is at corona about two months ago. got two fatty bass that day.

yup bro you should defitnetly go. you might even get a 20 pounder which we saw one floating dead in the water. if you want to know what we caught them on send me a message

The Angler
02-09-2009, 01:21 AM
So u can have the staff filet yor catch at corona lake ? If so how much do they charge?

Seng90806
02-09-2009, 02:08 AM
wow!!! i see you did good out there...WTG

dirty girl
02-09-2009, 08:25 AM
awesome day! wtg on the massacre! those are some luscious trout....thanks for the report

keepin' it dirty,
dirty girl

fishndrinknsmokin
02-09-2009, 08:28 AM
So u can have the staff filet yor catch at corona lake ? If so how much do they charge?

Usually they clean the fish for tips. I know this is how it works at SARL at least.

Koontaj
02-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Wow! Never been to corona. I'm thinking of going next week for those lighting trout. Probably will be going on a weekday to beat the crowd

trap-rattle
02-09-2009, 10:05 AM
dead bass. bummer dude. i know you wanna get your moneys worth...and i don't fish corona lake, so I'm not really super concerned about the bass population there. but i am always kinda sad when i see bass kickin' it on the dinner table lined up with a bunch of other fishy's.

how did your bass sandwich end up tasting? what did you catch him on out there?

nice job on the fishes though. worth the price of the entry fee for sure!

lilmystery246
02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes sur they charge 2 dollas per fish and man they do a great job and they do it fast =).

lilmystery246
02-09-2009, 10:36 AM
dead bass. bummer dude. i know you wanna get your moneys worth...and i don't fish corona lake, so I'm not really super concerned about the bass population there. but i am always kinda sad when i see bass kickin' it on the dinner table lined up with a bunch of other fishy's.

how did your bass sandwich end up tasting? what did you catch him on out there?

nice job on the fishes though. worth the price of the entry fee for sure!

Its says what I caught them on in the pics. We haven't eat them. Yes I also get kinda sad when I want to release a bass but it can't swim away.

BIGRED KILLA
02-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the pics and report you guys killed um.Now go do the dishes.lol

Bigred

BIGRED KILLA
02-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Yes sur they charge 2 dollas per fish and man they do a great job and they do it fast =).

What 2 bucks a fish ouch :Surprised: thats a little pricey in my book for a gill and gut.You need to learn how to do it it's real easy on trout you can gill and gut them or fillet them it's really easy.

Bigred

lilmystery246
02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
What 2 bucks a fish ouch :Surprised: thats a little steep in my book for a gill and gut.You need to learn how to do it it's real easy on trout you can gill and gut them or fillet them it's really easy.

Bigred

Yes but they leave no bone or anything its clean perfect and sometimes I'm too lazy to clean them myself

Hitts0n
02-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Hell yeah you slayed LMB ! Totally cool !:Flamethrower:

Good looking trout!

Eat Sleep Fish
02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Nice job on the trout. Wouldn't have kept the bass myself...those things dont even taste good...to me atleast.

smitty99
02-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Out in Cali where there are just so many people beating up the water I can understand why people prefer conservative fishing for the Bass--I agree. I have released the LMB I have caught here in Cali as well. That said, LMB is a very popular food fish! It's a very white, lean, clean, and flakey (when cooked) meat with a mild flavor. It's great prepared almost anyway and very easy to prep. LMB meat is similar to striped bass and most of the panfish you can catch in the local lakes. If you like fish, I don't see how you couldn't like LMB. When I see people claim that LMB "doesn't taste good to them", fine thats an opinion, but I think it's pretty transparent and looks more like an excuse to keep people away from impacting the LMB population....hey you gotta do what you gotta do but I'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Now, the carp you catch in most of our North American lakes... on the other hand...yeah I've read some places its how you cook it and prepare it but I think its much more of an acquired flavor/texture than a neutral meat like Striper, Catfish, Bass, Bluegill or Crappie. Some catfish can taste nasty too, it's been best to stick with the Channel cats, from my experience.

lilmystery246
02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Out in Cali where there are just so many people beating up the water I can understand why people prefer conservative fishing for the Bass--I agree. I have released the LMB I have caught here in Cali as well. That said, LMB is a very popular food fish! It's a very white, lean, clean, and flakey (when cooked) meat with a mild flavor. It's great prepared almost anyway and very easy to prep. LMB meat is similar to striped bass and most of the panfish you can catch in the local lakes. If you like fish, I don't see how you couldn't like LMB. When I see people claim that LMB "doesn't taste good to them", fine thats an opinion, but I think it's pretty transparent and looks more like an excuse to keep people away from impacting the LMB population....hey you gotta do what you gotta do but I'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Now, the carp you catch in most of our North American lakes... on the other hand...yeah I've read some places its how you cook it and prepare it but I think its much more of an acquired flavor/texture than a neutral meat like Striper, Catfish, Bass, Bluegill or Crappie. Some catfish can taste nasty too, it's been best to stick with the Channel cats, from my experience.

i agree with u .

FISHSTIX
02-09-2009, 06:00 PM
those lighning trout really look amazing, ive never seen one in person.
nice job on the slay fest, you and your team really know how to put dinner on the table:LOL:

lalo56
02-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I dont know if you knew this but im just going to throw it out there. Sometimes you need to revive fish by moving them back and forth so they can get oxygen through their gills and once they are revived you will start to fell them trying to swim away... thats when you know you can let them go and have revived.

lilmystery246
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I dont know if you knew this but im just going to throw it out there. Sometimes you need to revive fish by moving them back and forth so they can get oxygen through their gills and once they are revived you will start to fell them trying to swim away... thats when you know you can let them go and have revived.

yes i knew this already dude

lalo56
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
yes i knew this already dude

Okay dude!

Seng90806
02-09-2009, 10:28 PM

the best way to save a fish is to cut your line and leave the hook inside the fish...some how the hook will dissolve away...you loose a hook but u save a fish...thats what i was told to do when i catch something i dont want to keep or too small...hope this helps!!

lilmystery246
02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
the best way to save a fish is to cut your line and leave the hook inside the fish...some how the hook will dissolve away...you loose a hook but u save a fish...thats what i was told to do when i catch something i dont want to keep or too small...hope this helps!!

yes but for some reason i feel bad leaving a hook in it

BIGRED KILLA
02-10-2009, 12:45 AM
yes but for some reason i feel bad leaving a hook in it

The hooks you were prob using were small hooks for trout so there is no need to feel bad throwing a bass back with the line in it's mouth just cut the line as close as possible to the stomach with out hurting/cutting his gills and put him back ASAP.

p.s When you land a bass try not to scream or spook them when out of the water they are known to get heart attacks cause they eat fatty foods.

Bigred

Porkchop5420
02-10-2009, 12:46 AM
so instead you decided to get the hook out n kill the poor bass....
shame on you...

lilmystery246
02-10-2009, 07:09 AM
so instead you decided to get the hook out n kill the poor bass....
shame on you...

It was in the lip how did it die. It was still moving and then I started rocking it back and fourth so it chould get oxigen but no luck

smitty99
02-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Lilmystery
I wouldn't worry about it...I believe the legal limit is 5??? You pay for your license and to fish the lake, its your right if you want to keep them.

If the DFG feels the bass are becoming endangered then they can raise the limit. I wouldn't let people get under your skin about it.

If you decide to keep bass in the future, I guess you learned a lesson not to post the pictures of it on here unless you want to hear a bunch of people whining.

lizzay
02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
You are one crazy guy man. Way to go on those beautiful trouts dude!

a biley
02-10-2009, 09:33 PM
sorry but i find it strange that 2 for 2 bass died... especially being hooked on the lip.

a biley
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
bass don't "instenly die" being lip hooked. Sometimes fish float when you release them, appearing dead, but then swim away...

lilmystery246
02-10-2009, 10:08 PM
sorry but i find it strange that 2 for 2 bass died... especially being hooked on the lip.

only 1 was hooked on the lip! the other 1 swallowed it

LIZARDKING1
02-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Come on dude,two dead bass in one outing?I've not had that unfortunate number in the last ten years let alone one dead lmb since I could remember.Hats off to you on your slay fest,but learn a little more about proper catch and release,lil mystery.

lilmystery246
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Come on dude,two dead bass in one outing?I've not had that unfortunate number in the last ten years let alone one dead lmb since I could remember.Hats off to you on your slay fest,but learn a little more about proper catch and release,lil mystery.

look i know how to catch and realease. and this never happened to me before until yesterday okay what u think im god and chould revive the bass well NO and whats up with every time i catch a good size bass every1 hates on me huh? its like they get mad because i catch fish. its not my fault they died okay its the one that bit the hook okay! :Angry:

Seng90806
02-10-2009, 10:31 PM
look i know how to catch and realease. and this never happened to me before until yesterday okay what u think im god and chould revive the bass well NO and whats up with every time i catch a good size bass every1 hates on me huh? its like they get mad because i catch fish. its not my fault they died okay its the one that bit the hook okay! :Angry:

dont worry bro!!!...you'll get that alot so its best u dont share that kind of stuff on here...there are people on here who just wait for threads like this and start going off...you did good out there man :LOL:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-10-2009, 10:45 PM

Brotha brotha i can see why your so defensive but its true man a bass cant die being hooked in the lip!! yes in the belly deep hooked but even then if you take it out quick see its deep cut the line quick and quick release i sense there was alot of excitement and holding of the bass to long the whole YAY YAY look it look it...thats what of might killed the bass but a lip hook nawh brotha and yeah its kinda sketchy 2 bass dead bro..you should of already known by you posting dead dinner table bass pics you would get bashed on ..you should not of posted or told about the bass in your story now this thread is going to be 13 pages long haha..im not hating bro but it does seem sketch on 2 bass dead and one being hooked in the lip.. just show peeps your a man and admit on killing both bass or 1 on purpose ....but once again lil man you should of known you would unfornately get bashed on for dead bass...im not hating it just seems sketchy..good job on the trout though!! and i dont care if your taking bass just admit how they really died.

ZBA

boxl0bster
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/drama.jpg
if you all ^^^ took the time to scroll through the thread you would see others have told him already. no need to bust his chops anymore. thanks for the post kid, way to go out there.

BIGRED KILLA
02-10-2009, 11:18 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/drama.jpg
if you all ^^^ took the time to scroll through the thread you would see others have told him already. no need to bust his chops anymore. thanks for the post kid, way to go out there.

Lmao...Stop bashing on the kid guys.

Bigred

Seng90806
02-10-2009, 11:49 PM

i know it gets old after a while...but people still continue to do it...we all get the point

Porkchop5420
02-11-2009, 01:07 AM

No one is trying to hate on you. Keeping bass is a touchy subject and people's feelings are going to get hurt. If you are going to keep a bass, don't include it in the pictures or even mention it in your reports. Use some common sense. Your decision to keep bass is the reason why Dana locked your BBL report. I can understand you keeping a bass because it died. But don't post it up. It is just that simple. People are flaming you because of your decision to keep bass, not because of you catching them. Also it doesn't help your image when you try to justify for your mistake. You try to justify your mistakes rather than learning from them. Therefore, this makes you look like an idiot. Don't take my post as a insult but rather as a learning lesson.

lalo56
02-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Brotha brotha i can see why your so defensive but its true man a bass cant die being hooked in the lip!! yes in the belly deep hooked but even then if you take it out quick see its deep cut the line quick and quick release i sense there was alot of excitement and holding of the bass to long the whole YAY YAY look it look it...thats what of might killed the bass but a lip hook nawh brotha and yeah its kinda sketchy 2 bass dead bro..you should of already known by you posting dead dinner table bass pics you would get bashed on ..you should not of posted or told about the bass in your story now this thread is going to be 13 pages long haha..im not hating bro but it does seem sketch on 2 bass dead and one being hooked in the lip.. just show peeps your a man and admit on killing both bass or 1 on purpose ....but once again lil man you should of known you would unfornately get bashed on for dead bass...im not hating it just seems sketchy..good job on the trout though!! and i dont care if your taking bass just admit how they really died.

ZBA

How many times do you have to repeat yourself? :ROFL:

92yj
02-11-2009, 08:03 AM
now something just don't add up, what did the lake do when you showed the 2 lmb? the lmb are c&r at corona right? they are at sarl.

also it just doesn't sound right, they wouldn't swim away? why on TV they trow them in the water and no problems. i have never had a bass not swim away. it just doesn't sound right.

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
and whats up with every time i catch a good size bass every1 hates on me huh? its like they get mad because i catch fish.

why do you always have to sound cocky?

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:57 AM
now something just don't add up, what did the lake do when you showed the 2 lmb? the lmb are c&r at corona right? they are at sarl.

also it just doesn't sound right, they wouldn't swim away? why on TV they trow them in the water and no problems. i have never had a bass not swim away. it just doesn't sound right.

exactly!!! and it was 2 for 2! i'm sorry i called you out lilmyst, but IMHO it doesn't add up.

bigblue
02-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Why is lmb catch & release only?

hughpam
02-11-2009, 11:52 AM
This whole thing is just lame. The fish died. Get over it.

To think that a guy can't post his pics or story because he kept a bass or two is pathetic.

Say your peace and get on. I bet the sun still rises tomorrow despite this hideous crime.

tama16
02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
hey kid good job out there... do what you think is right for your self!!!!

a biley
02-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Why is lmb catch & release only?

actually i believe you CAN keep bass at that lake...

jbassc
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
yup bro you should defitnetly go. you might even get a 20 pounder which we saw one floating dead in the water. if you want to know what we caught them on send me a message

20 pounder yeah or he might just kill a bunch of bass like you did.

jbassc
02-11-2009, 12:54 PM

Let me give you a pointer homie next time you decide to poach bass dont post any pictures your putting your self in this situation to get bashed on,No one wants to see that :Censored: around here.Oh and those bass are not good size there what i call dinksters.

sansou
02-11-2009, 01:52 PM
actually i believe you CAN keep bass at that lake...

You cannot keep LMB at Corona. In fact, I have been told personally by the lake manager that if they see someone purposely keeping LMB they will toss them from the lake. Likewise, if you alert the staff to someone keeping LMB on their stringer, they will give you a free fishing pass.

Good job on your trout Lilmystery.

bigblue
02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Im still confused why is bass catch & release only?

WJC71
02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Good Job on the slay Lil Man
Scr..w the haters you guys got it done!
I personally C&R everything but, hey it's all good

bullets_full
02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Not true Rich. The limit is 5. It's on their website under General Info. I'm hitting SARL tonight for some bass for the freezer, then I'm going to get me some Bald Eagle eggs and make a Garibaldi and LMB omelet for breakfast in the morning. (The garibaldi filets are from a previous outing).

Nice job lilmystery. Keep up the good work!

_Bullets

You cannot keep LMB at Corona. In fact, I have been told personally by the lake manager that if they see someone purposely keeping LMB they will toss them from the lake. Likewise, if you alert the staff to someone keeping LMB on their stringer, they will give you a free fishing pass.

gavin310
02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Let me give you a pointer homie next time you decide to poach bass dont post any pictures your putting your self in this situation to get bashed on,No one wants to see that :Censored: around here.Oh and those bass are not good size there what i call dinksters.

he knew you can't keep the bass and it would have been REAL easy to keep them out of the photos. i don't think he's trying to deceive anybody here. just give him the benefit of the doubt for god sakes. it's not like he's been caught poaching before.

but, as a word of advice, i would have tossed the dead fish back out in the lake. if the staff had seen them i doubt they'd believe your story, true or not.

smitty99
02-11-2009, 06:26 PM

If that is true, they need to update their website. See about 2/3 of the way down....

http://www.fishinglakes.com/corona_info.htm

Also it says they {Corona Lake} STOCK the lake with Bass and many other varieties. Don't see any harm in keeping stocked fish even though I release LMB I catch here.

CASTAWAY
02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
If that is true, they need to update their website. See about 2/3 of the way down....

http://www.fishinglakes.com/corona_info.htm (http://www.fishinglakes.com/corona_info.htm)

Also it says they {Corona Lake} STOCK the lake with Bass and many other varieties. Don't see any harm in keeping stocked fish even though I release LMB I catch here.

I guess you did nothing wrong than "LM246".... I'm sure you already knew that you could keep BASS at this Lake. Unlike me, I would never post a photo of a dead BASS in my hand. Unlike you, I hate drama..hahahahahaha
Good job on the Lightning.

lilmystery246
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
he knew you can't keep the bass and it would have been REAL easy to keep them out of the photos. i don't think he's trying to deceive anybody here. just give him the benefit of the doubt for god sakes. it's not like he's been caught poaching before.

but, as a word of advice, i would have tossed the dead fish back out in the lake. if the staff had seen them i doubt they'd believe your story, true or not.

the staff did see them they said they were surprized the bass were biteing! they didnt care!

Porkchop5420
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
the staff did see them they said they were surprized the bass were biteing! they didnt care!

This is the exact reason why people are giving you grief. You seem to have an excuse for everything. Oh well, I guess you will never know or learn. Have fun being public enemy number one on this board.

92yj
02-11-2009, 09:35 PM
lets see if we can get this thread up to 20 pages!!!!!!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
This is the exact reason why people are giving you grief. You seem to have an excuse for everything. Oh well, I guess you will never know or learn. Have fun being public enemy number one on this board.

haha hes just a kid but let him get all cocky behind a comp maybe someone his age will set him straight :LOL:...........waiting ...........waiting...:Popcorn:

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:01 PM
haha hes just a kid but let him get all cocky behind a comp maybe someone his age will set him straight :LOL:...........waiting ...........waiting...:Popcorn:

same here... i'm waiting!

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:03 PM
oh where's the snakehead picture you said you'll post, that you somehow remembered the weight including ounces that happened 7 yrs ago in santa fe dam

smitty99
02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
MmmmmmMmmm fried LMB & Hushpuppies -- Texas style!!!:ROFL:

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:08 PM
YUM! catch me some greenies!

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:11 PM
****edit****

Porkchop5420
02-11-2009, 10:27 PM

I know he is a kid. He should learn from his mistakes from the get-go. Its not like I want to pick on him. He should thank all the people who gives him grief, because it is with our effort which straighten out his cocky attitude.

P.S I am trying my best to make this a 20 page thread. hehe

92yj
02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
keep it going guys.

fishndrinknsmokin
02-11-2009, 10:30 PM

http://www.fishinglakes.com/corona_info.htm

The website does seem to allow the catching of the lmb but the sticker that is handed out that we are all supposed to wear says in bold print STURGEON & BASS ARE CATCH & RELEASE ONLY. Technically since this is the last notification you receive prior to entering it is only catch and release of the bass. And if you really want to get technical about the website it says that you can catch the bass but they are part of your 5 fish limit so it kinda means if the kid wants to stick with that as his excuse then he violated the limit rule.

I like LilMystery because of his passion for fishing and his thirst of knowledge in the area but he could show a little recognition for what's happened and how maybe he could have handled it better. Everybody makes mistakes and there is nothing wrong with that and part of life but not taking responsibility for ones actions, accidental or not, will get you the short end of the stick in life. And being young is no excuse for not being responsible for your actions.....we don't learn life's lessons as adults, we learn them as we grow up.

We are also doing LilMystery a diservice by not reminding him that if this was a public lake patroled by the DFG he would get a ticket based on what he did. You have to release non legals no matter what the condition is my understanding. He may already know this but I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this yet.

Sorry for the rant but kinda wanted to defend Sansou's post a bit and kinda agreed with what Porkchop said just above. MMMM pork chops......... :LOL:

92yj
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
wow pg #8 keep it up guys maybe he will understand soon. lol

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Lake website says one thing, at the lake it's different. You have to abide to current rules set at the lake since it is what they actually GIVE you when you pay your fees. I never fished corona, but I'm glad as hell that he didn't catch those big 17 lbers that one guy caught few months back...

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
why weren't the bass filleted???

smitty99
02-11-2009, 10:40 PM
The website does seem to allow the catching of the lmb but the sticker that is handed out that we are all supposed to wear says in bold print STURGEON & BASS ARE CATCH & RELEASE ONLY. Technically since this is the last notification you receive prior to entering it is only catch and release of the bass. And if you really want to get technical about the website it says that you can catch the bass but they are part of your 5 fish limit so it kinda means if the kid wants to stick with that as his excuse then he violated the limit rule.

I like LilMystery because of his passion for fishing and his thirst of knowledge in the area but he could show a little recognition for what's happened and how maybe he could have handled it better. Everybody makes mistakes and there is nothing wrong with that and part of life but not taking responsibility for ones actions, accidental or not, will get you the short end of the stick in life. And being young is no excuse for not being responsible for your actions.....we don't learn life's lessons as adults, we learn them as we grow up.

We are also doing LilMystery a diservice by not reminding him that if this was a public lake patroled by the DFG he would get a ticket based on what he did. You have to release non legals no matter what the condition is my understanding. He may already know this but I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this yet.

Sorry for the rant but kinda wanted to defend Sansou's post a bit and kinda agreed with what Porkchop said just above. MMMM pork chops......... :LOL:

Didn't he go to the lake with his parents? It's 5 fish each right? 5 x 3 = 15? So he was within his limit if that is the case. Maybe they weren't there though. WOuldn't the lake staff have stopped him and said something if he was not supposed to haul the bass out? Didn't he pay to have the fish cleaned? He claimed to.

smitty99
02-11-2009, 10:41 PM
why weren't the bass filleted???

why weren't the trout filleted? you meant cleaned

yakfu
02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey Bullets Full, sounds like you're having one hardy breakfast, I'll bring over some Black Sea Bass with all the fixings, I think I have enough to last us for a month.....along with these oversized shrimp....somebody told me they were short lobsters but i said "nah, them just prawns."

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:55 PM
why weren't the trout filleted? you meant cleaned

perhaps i meant filleted lol maybe i like my bass filleted and trout cleaned only, err you caught me

a biley
02-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Didn't he go to the lake with his parents? It's 5 fish each right? 5 x 3 = 15? So he was within his limit if that is the case.

and now i caught you, 15 is the limit for the 3 of them correct, according to the website its bass trout and catfish combined for a 5 fish limit. so in the picture he has 15 trout, and 2 bass= 17 fish. OVER limit

smitty99
02-11-2009, 11:05 PM
ahh man I smell something fishy...well I'm getting tired....

maybe someone else can take my spot on the "Tour De Twenty" tonight :ROFL:

later fellas

92yj
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
getting closer but i am done for to night good luck every one and good night.

a biley
02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
getting closer but i am done for to night good luck every one and good night.

same here, I work at 5 am... I haven't hit the lake is soo long. work, college, the GF...

Liteliner
02-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Nice job mystery. You guys slayed that night. Its cool your mom and pops roll with you everytime aswell. I guess keeping largemouth bass is taboo on FNN. :Secret::Secret::Secret: Look on the bright side though. Your report got 1779 hits and 82 replies. Ive posted quite a few reports and not got half the replies you got.:LOL: Thanks for the report and pics.

troutslayer05
02-12-2009, 02:07 AM
lilmystery...Great work on those trout! We have lighting trout up there super fun to catch. Your young and if keeping a bass is the worst thing you do in life (according to a lot of people on this board) than you will have a very fulfilling life ahead of ya. It sounds like you let most of the bass you catch go so keeping a couple for the dinner table is not a crime in my book..Is a fisherman that keeps a couple bass less of a fisherman than one that lets them all go? Keep on keeeepin onnn brothaman.

92yj
02-12-2009, 07:58 AM
lol wow we are at 9pg is this all for this thread?

CASTAWAY
02-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah, if you want to start a long thread keep a lmb....lol........:ROFL:

The Angler
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, if you want to start a long thread keep a lmb....lol........:ROFL:

I here you on that 1:Twisted:

FishingFanatic
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
so bass really do exist in Corona lake. I thought it was just a gimmick because it came out just after DVL closed to boaters. Anyone know how many bass are in this little lake? I wouldn mind catching a 17lber, then getting a limit of trout to top it off.

92yj
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
i would recommend that you don't keep one of the 17lbs. lol

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
i wonder if he keeps the bass from some of the local lakes by my house ive seen him post about hmmmm:???:...maybe they "accidently" died too and he kept them!! haha

troutdog
02-12-2009, 02:50 PM
so bass really do exist in Corona lake. I thought it was just a gimmick because it came out just after DVL closed to boaters. Anyone know how many bass are in this little lake? I wouldn mind catching a 17lber, then getting a limit of trout to top it off.

There are 279 bass in Corona, er uh make that 277 now :Secret:

TD

DKCbassman
02-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Did the lip hooked Bass die, That's a little mystery or shoud I say lilmystery?

Rules and Regulations must be followed regarding C&R. Every lake/body of water is different. Even if a fish dies, you cannot keep the fish if the posted/stated rules say Catch and Release only.

92yj
02-12-2009, 03:10 PM
i wonder if he keeps the bass from some of the local lakes by my house ive seen him post about hmmmm:???:...maybe they "accidently" died too and he kept them!! haha

i have see him at the local hole, and it didn't look like he keep any fish. he did report later that day and said he caught a lot of fish. what kinda struck me as being odd was when he said he caught 2 tilapia and had thrown them back, i would never thrown them back, good eats.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Did the lip hooked Bass die, That's a little mystery or shoud I say lilmystery?

Rules and Regulations must be followed regarding C&R. Every lake/body of water is different. Even if a fish dies, you cannot keep the fish if the posted/stated rules say Catch and Release only.

yeah the LIP HOOKED bass did die its no lilmystery haha that makes no sense !! people dont understand when keeping a bass to us and killing it is more than a dead fish its like a close friend ...they think oh DFG rules apply and its ok and wont hurt anything F them they can lick my butt :Smile: i care about bass LMB and want to protect the population as much as i can and mainly my local lakes i go to every week 4 to 5 days a week to keep clean and keep poachers away from... i hate when people bring out the oh the regs say you can keep a limit of 5 at some lakes who cares why keep 5 or let alone even 1 what for 1st of all if you say your poor and trying to feed your family thats bs cause the only lakes you can keep a limit from is most likely a pay lake for saying that your paying more than 20 a head or more to get in and paying for parking and a fishing fee ...you could go eat at a nice resturant with that kinda do and not kill a helpless LMB that is a homegaurd fish that is not a stocked fish and has to survive its life to grow to a certain size which takes years and years than get caught by a dumba$$ ....

"my speach and thanks"
haha thank you DKC this post will continue more pages to come wait for it wait for it.............BAMMMMMMMM!!! :Popcorn:

92yj
02-12-2009, 03:21 PM
OK now there is something that is not true. the in fact do stock the lake with bass. if you look in the old threads they show them stocking lmb in i believe was October of 08. so they do stock them.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-12-2009, 03:26 PM
OK now there is something that is not true. the in fact do stock the lake with bass. if you look in the old threads they show them stocking lmb in i believe was October of 08. so they do stock them.

im talking about the stocking of local lakes they only do this when they re-do a lake or the fish population dies.

92yj
02-12-2009, 04:30 PM
im talking about the stocking of local lakes they only do this when they re-do a lake or the fish population dies.

oh ok now that sound right.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-12-2009, 04:31 PM
oh ok now that sound right.

:Big Grin: lets keep the pages a rollin

92yj
02-12-2009, 04:33 PM
that's what i was thinking it is half way to 20 let keep it up.

Git R Done
02-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Not true Rich. The limit is 5. It's on their website under General Info. I'm hitting SARL tonight for some bass for the freezer, then I'm going to get me some Bald Eagle eggs and make a Garibaldi and LMB omelet for breakfast in the morning. (The garibaldi filets are from a previous outing).

Nice job lilmystery. Keep up the good work!

_Bullets

Man that sounds tasty...hook that up!

Git R Done
02-12-2009, 04:35 PM
MmmmmmMmmm fried LMB & Hushpuppies -- Texas style!!!:ROFL:

Never ate any bass...but since your cooking I dont see why not