PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 2/8

The Angler
02-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Long story......

I invited my dad to go fishing with me today. He has been telling Me he has some really good rods/reels at my aunts house so last night we went and got the ancient artifacts from my aunts. As soon as i seen these monsters i was like dad were going fresh water fishing not saltwater! freakin poles where like 10-11 feet long and the line specs stated 12-18 line. One of the rods is a Abu Garcia rod dont ask me which model cause the thing is probably order than you lol.In my mind i was like he aint catch shizznit with those. So we come back to my place to put some new line on the reels and get everything ready. I notice my dad checkin out the 8LB test i had thrown in my bag. He was like can i put that line on? So i said nah try this instead i toss him some Maxima Ultragreen 4Lb. He looks at me an says thats to week,He then snaps it and says see told ya. At this point im like hes definilty not catching anything with that ancient Abu Saltwater rod With 8LB test line.

We Got to the lake around 5:45 and as expected there was a long line to get in.
We get the lines in the water about 6:30. about 5 mins in are lines start getting nibbled on. Then my pole goes off !!! im reelin it in then my drag takes over this son of a ***** is fighting hard im pullin it in and it takes off i pull it in then SNAP my line breaks and my pops says " See i told you that line is weak"About 10 mins in my Pops Abu go full bendo!Whoaaa let me back track a little While setting up our reels my pops is going straight deep sea style rig im talking 1 pound of weights LMAO he put 2 of my biggest weights on his rod. He then cast the son of a ***** out to the middle of the ****** lake from the shore. Every time he casted out it sounds like someone is throwing a ****** bowling ball into the lake.At this point im Puzzled i couldnt belive the **** I was witnessing. So one of his rods goes full bendo. I tell him thats a big one if you seen his rod size and seeing it go bendo like that i didnt think it was possible for that rod to even bend!!!!!! So i figuerd it had to be at least a good 6-7 Lb and when he reels it in.... sure enough was :Confused:
Then i notice theres line coming out of its mouth WTF.... IT WAS MY LINE AND LURE!!!!! Son of a ***** got away from me but my dad ended up getting it on power bait!!!!!it was weird

about an hour later i see one of his rods go bendo again. He goes and checks his rod and says nah they just nibbled on it so he leaves The Juggernaut alone about 10 mins goes by and he decides to recast. and while hes reelin in a damn lightning trout was on the end of his line he says i didnt feel anything. I told him of course not with that ****** tank of a pole.

All in all we caught 2 : 1 Lightning,1 Tailwalker

my Pops farmed another lightning again while reeling in to recast and noticed he had a fish again when i got the net the damn thing wiggled off and swam off.As for me i farmed about 5. 2 Line snapped and the other 3 i didnt set the hook good enough i guess

:Confused:

fishndrinknsmokin
02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Too funny dude. And the worse part is that your Pop's will never believe that he can't catch trout with that deep sea rig. Kinda like the guy who goes to Vegas for the first time and splits his 10's and get's two more :ROFL: Good job getting on the fish no matter what was used to catch them!

Git R Done
02-08-2009, 04:50 PM
props to ur dad. he stuck to his guns & still got sum. good job to you guys

socalrippin
02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
thats too funny! he should have went for the sturgeon in there with that set up.

The Angler
02-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Yea at first i was embarresed people starring and having a big smile like check out this jack ***. But after awhile when people were askin him about it i was the 1 getting the last laugh it truley was something.

As for the fish those Lightning trout have some balls. Those bastards were swimming all along the shoreline like they owned the place i could have easily netted about 20 of them but what fun is that? Im talking schools of 5+ will just swim up to the shore and chill for like 2 mins then swim back out then come back in at one point they were chillin with the fish i had on the stringer. I dont know if they was trying to bust there homie's lose or what?

There was a little kid around 9-10 that would cast right in the middle of the school when they got close and they wouldnt even move or get spooked maybe cause it was raining they didnt care?:Confused:

FreeWilly
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I kinda chuckled at your dad's willinginess to use that big *** rod. Funny story man, made my day.

Nice report though. But at least you have something to get back to your dad with his use of heavy gear at the wrong spots. At least prove to him that light lines reveal all the strikes, but worth the broken lines.

;)