PDA

View Full Version : Great fishing in the rain!!! (2-8)

KaliDawgFan
02-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Yesterday I went back to Bass Pro and traded in the broken rod from last week for a new one. I wanted to hit Corona Lake again and get my revenge for breaking my new rod. I left home this morning at 3:30 am and headed down to Corona Lake to catch some of those lightning trout. I figured since the rain and all, people would be staying home. Boy was I wrong. I got to the lake at 4:00 am and saw a long line of cars already. If it's that packed that early then it's only going to get worse. I said screw it and turned around. Irvine Lake it is then.

I pulled into Irvine at around 4:30 am and saw only two other cars in line. Sweet! I'm going to get a prime spot. At 5:15 am the gates opened slightly, and I headed up to the bait shop to get some breakfast and N/C's. Mitz and Dr. Hook were both chatting it up at the counter when I walked in. Timster walked into the store about 10 seconds later. We all had the same idea where we wanted to fish for the day. It was slow until the sun started to shine through, but once there was light the trout came out in full force. Most of the fish we were catching were between 1.5 and 2 pounds. Dr. Hook landed a couple of broad-shouldered beauties that probably went between 3 and 4 pounds. Pasadenafishin showed up after a while, and we made some room for him. It was fun fishing with you today Jake. Next time I'm sure you'll do better.

The trout went for a variety of baits today. My first two hit the inflated N/C, and the others went for the plastics. My biggest fish of the day was probably a little over 4 pounds, and it put up one hell of a fight! I enjoy reeling fish in, but this one was probably one of the funnest yet. Not only did it make many strong runs, but it must have went airborn 5 or 6 times. And I'm talking NBA-style hang time! Dr. Hook was ooing and ahhing like it was a July 4th fireworks display. These fish were very pretty too. They were all silvery with nice pink stripes. I thought for sure they stocked steelheads early or something. Even some of the smaller trout fought like maniacs. I definately have to chalk this up to one of the best Irvine outings I've ever had. There were a few hit and misses but I limited out by 2 pm.

Sorry, but no pictures this time. The batteries in my camera were dead when I checked this morning so I didn't bother bringing it. I thought for sure dirty girl and FisherBrat would show and they would have one. Surprisingly, the water clarity was a lot better that I thought it would be after a rain.

I also want to thank both Dr. Hook and Timster. They both have taught me a lot about trout fishing and helped me improved ten-fold. If either of them give you any pointers, take notes.

PONTOON
02-08-2009, 02:59 PM
KaliDawg, several times today I thought to myself "what would the fishing be like at the Vine today?" Well from your report I guess I have the answer. Great job out there today!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

pasadenafishin
02-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Hey man, thanks for letting me fit in there today! I just filleted the fish you guys gave to me. Ill get em next time.

FISHSTIX
02-08-2009, 03:38 PM
bummer bout the lines at corona........ but nice report of the irvine bite, im sure its gona only get better in the next couple of days....good job on your limits, thanks for the report!

BingJr
02-08-2009, 05:12 PM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Trish/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.jpghttp://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/985fb500.gif

But sounds like a good day anyway!

Nice job out there KD!

dirty girl
02-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Great job Ryan! http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww358/dirtygirlfishing/36_2_25thumbsup.gifI just got off the phone with Timster and he told me all about the epic day you, Dr. Hook, Jake, and he had! I'm still hacking and coughing so it was better I stay home and not spread my dirty germs to all my friends. Sorry we missed all the fun. Timster also told me how you guys welcomed and hung out with Jake (Pasadenafishing)...... http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww358/dirtygirlfishing/kewl.gif Garrett would have sooo loved to have fished with all you awesome dudes. We'll see you out there soon fo' sho'! Thanx for the latest report!

keepin it dirty,
Dirty Girl

Troutman65
02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
KaliDawg, several times today I thought to myself "what would the fishing be like at the Vine today?" Well from your report I guess I have the answer. Great job out there today!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Several times this last month I have thought of Team Trolltoon and wondered when they are going to put a hurt on the trout pop. at Irvine Lake. I miss you guys.

Troutman65
02-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Ryan, nice going today on your limit. That one trout was a whopper. congrats bro. Always nice to see you at the lake .

troutdog
02-08-2009, 08:22 PM
WTG out there Kalifrog...maybe you will share your wealth of knowledge with your brother :LOL: Thanks for the report and charge the battery next time!

TD

Troutman65
02-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey man, thanks for letting me fit in there today! I just filleted the fish you guys gave to me. Ill get em next time.

Jake, nice to meet you at the lake today. I have read your reports and never have run into you untill today. Next week the Steelhead in the 5 lb. range will be stocked. It will be EPIC fishing at Irvine Lake. Hope you can hook into some of them. See you at the lake :Cool:

MAVERICK27
02-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Nice job!! I went Saturday and it was ridiculously great! I'm glad you made the drive and it paid off!! So, how did the new rig perform??

KaliDawgFan
02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
So, how did the new rig perform??

It held up like a champ!

MAVERICK27
02-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Nice brother!! Way to brave the conditions and get em!

Hitts0n
02-09-2009, 09:57 AM
good stuff man!

pasadenafishin
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Jake, nice to meet you at the lake today. I have read your reports and never have run into you untill today. Next week the Steelhead in the 5 lb. range will be stocked. It will be EPIC fishing at Irvine Lake. Hope you can hook into some of them. See you at the lake :Cool:

Thank, It was nice to meet you too. I'll be there on saturday for the tourney

Mr Bendo
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Nice work Ryan!!!! It's always a fun with Dr.Hook and the Timster!!!!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
02-11-2009, 05:39 PM
fishing in the rain owns.

Mondo21
02-11-2009, 10:57 PM
You fished with some of the best Fisherman.Your fishing skills will only get better from now on. WTG. Cindy:Big Grin: