PDA

View Full Version : Help please......

bullets_full
02-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know of a phone number or a website so I can contact an organization to donate old poles and reels. I'm trying to clean out my garage a bit. I know that DFG loans setups to kids for inner city tournaments but am having problems locating somewhere to drop them off.

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

_Bullets

ghetto dad
02-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know of a phone number or a website so I can contact an organization to donate old poles and reels. I'm trying to clean out my garage a bit. I know that DFG loans setups to kids for inner city tournaments but am having problems locating somewhere to drop them off.

Thanks

_Bullets

thats really nice of you brother.......

GD

Nessie Hunter
02-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Bullets....
Dan Hernandez puts on a lot of inner city youth programs...
http://www.danskids.org/media.asp

May give Bruce Watson a PM, I think he has been involved with donations of gear in the past...

hughpam
02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
The boy scouts.

HEMAN
02-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Bass Pro collects them during their Spring Event.. check it out. i think you get a coupon for discounts on Bass Pro gear when you donate as well.

Wingnut
02-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Contact Scott (CAPT'N) L.A. Rod & Reel Club has a youth fishing program also. :Cool:

WalePescado
02-08-2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.friendsofrollo.com/

Troutman65
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Santa fe Eric could use them for a program for inter city or at risk kids I think. Give him a PM.:Wink:

RamboBoy
02-08-2009, 08:40 PM

Thanks

_Bullets

This web site Friends Of Rollo for children fishing trip and tournemant
Here is the web site :
http://www.friendsofrollo.com/donation_form.pdf

http://www.friendsofrollo.com/

92yj
02-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Brian blue hunter does lots of inner city work programs, he will be at the vine on saturday. he needs all the help he can get.

bruce watson
02-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I've been a volunteer with the fishing in the park program for several years. That is better known as Dan's Kids ran by Dan Hernandez. I've also volunteered for many other fishing programs. My first choice for these rods would be the Capt'n with the LA rod and gun. They have a really great program for mentally handicapped kids. It is held at Hansen dam and everything is paid for by the members of LAR&G. They even use their own rods for the kids because they don't have many loaners. THIS IS THE ONLY FISHING EVENT FOR KIDS THAT MADE ME FEEL ALL CHOKED UP.

I give $ each year for the friends of Rollo. This best way to do this is to make a donation at the Fred Hall show. They do mostly salt water trips and if your gear is for salt I would contact them.

I haven't had the opportunity to help Bluehunter yet, but I'll bet he is doing great things for the kids. If I was you, I would PM him and give him a chance to explain his program before I made a decision.

Finally, there is the group that supplies rods for most of the different cities that put on kids fishing days. They are the department of fish and game aux. These are guys and girls who are volunteers for DFG. At most kids events, they run educational booths, and supply fishing equipment for free. They are headed up by a DFG officer named Brian (sorry, I can't remember his last name). He can be reached at the DFG office on Lampson ave in Los Alamitos. I'm sure you can find their number.

Hope this helps. These are just my opinions.

bullets_full
02-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys,

This helps a lot!

_Bullets

Hitts0n
02-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Contact Scott (CAPT'N) L.A. Rod & Reel Club has a youth fishing program also. :Cool:

Or hansen dam lake.and i got some co workersd that would take them off of your hands.They are trying to get into fishing but really dont have that much money just to get everything at once.