PDA

View Full Version : Know Your Old School? Help!

City Dad
02-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Was cleaning out the garage and came across these. The colum on the far right is comprised of hand made spoons and a plug.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/CIMG3720.jpg

These were my grandad's.

How many can you ID?

That Dang Guy
02-08-2009, 10:37 AM
I've only really seen these things on the internet. I saw one gnarly looking one with 5 treble hooks.

tpfishnfool
02-08-2009, 10:48 AM
You Grandpa liked topwater .. Nice

El Weirdo
02-08-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.antiquefishingtackle.net/

Bradakas
02-08-2009, 02:07 PM
My grandad gave me a tackle box years ago and I remember it had that bumble bee on the top left and one of those red and white poppers. good find

pasadenafishin
02-08-2009, 03:20 PM
The only ones i can ID are the jitterbugs

BingJr
02-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Tad Polys, river runts, creek chubs, johnson minnor, crazy crawler, lucky 13. Thats it Im out after that.

City Dad
02-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Tad Polys, river runts, creek chubs, johnson minnor, crazy crawler, lucky 13. Thats it Im out after that.

Dang, Dude. You're good...

However, those aren't Lucky 13's they're South Bend Bass-Orenos...

the two at the bottom are Al Foss lures... designed to trail pork rinds. Can't find the exact model names though.

It sickens me to admit it, but this is only about two-thirds of the tackle given to me... the rest of those lures are, for all I know, still lodged in the rocks on the bottom of the Okanogan, Snake and Columbia rivers.

smitty99
02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
The front spoon on the jitter looks like its' seen better days. Then again so do most of the lures!

Troutman65
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Very :Cool:. Trollmiester has some neat old lures too. Thanks for the post

Lightline
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Dang, Dude. You're good...

However, those aren't Lucky 13's they're South Bend Bass-Orenos...

the two at the bottom are Al Foss lures... designed to trail pork rinds. Can't find the exact model names though.

It sickens me to admit it, but this is only about two-thirds of the tackle given to me... the rest of those lures are, for all I know, still lodged in the rocks on the bottom of the Okanogan, Snake and Columbia rivers.

Thats very good,

I would have just said old lures.

e-cat
02-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Hey, I collect Old Lures- Your Black and white bait is a Reinhart Jinx, and the one in the top right looks like a Folkart version of a Moonlight Bait Company Pollywog- If any one has Grandpas Tackle Boxes floating around, and needs to find them a new home- I pay good prices for the right stuff! (shameless plug) I also buy all sorts of more Modern Baits from the 60 through early 90s- Never know, you might be able to finance some nice new gear- Any one with stuff to talk about, drop me a pm, of email me at ensenoli@aol.com- Thanks for the pic of your old treasures- Steve

BingJr
02-16-2009, 03:25 PM
As I am sure you all know, the World Record bass of 22lb 4oz was caught on a Creek Chub in 1932. The record still stands today!:Shocked: The creek chub is the browinsh lure with the dark green bars on it in the lower middle portion of the picture. It has the bent metal lip on it.