PDA

View Full Version : only one

hookup
02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
me and my cousin went out to dvl today. the day started off real slow with nothing happening. as the day went on the storm kicked in and the fish turned on big time. i hooked up with a 3 pound largie on a hudd 5. after that we crusied over near the inlet tower. my cousin started throwing a punker a round there and got swirled on once by a big *** striper. and after that swirl it was on we were onto the stripers were were getting blown up every two to three munites on punkers but for some odd reason we could not hook up, we just kept ripping the hook out of there mouths. it was real frustrating me and my cousin we were pissed off. the only fish that was caught was my 3 pound largie.

GdHkSet1
02-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Sounds like a frustrating day having those stripers blowing up on your lures, nice job on the LMB- you'll get 'em next time-good luck

Ambassadorhawg
02-07-2009, 06:31 PM
You did remember to put hooks on the lures, right?

calico killer kevin
02-07-2009, 06:41 PM
You did remember to put hooks on the lures, right?
Ouch lol:LOL:

fishtacosmmm
02-07-2009, 07:34 PM
me and my cousin went out to dvl today. the day started off real slow with nothing happening. as the day went on the storm kicked in and the fish turned on big time. i hooked up with a 3 pound largie on a hudd 5. after that we crusied over near the inlet tower. my cousin started throwing a punker a round there and got swirled on once by a big *** striper. and after that swirl it was on we were onto the stripers were were getting blown up every two to three munites on punkers but for some odd reason we could not hook up, we just kept ripping the hook out of there mouths. it was real frustrating me and my cousin we were pissed off. the only fish that was caught was my 3 pound largie.

sounds like your lure was too big or the hook too far from the tail?

socalrippin
02-07-2009, 08:00 PM
dang dude that sucks! at least you got a bunch of action on the punkers! let em take it a lil longer before setting the hook maybe. wtg on the largmouth at least you punked the skunk...

lurk 182
02-08-2009, 01:30 PM
some people say not to even pay attention to what you're seeing when you're fishing a top water. wait until you FEEL something before you set the hook, although i think its hard to remember in all the exitement when you get blown up on like that. if you miss one, don't reel back and make another cast to the area you got bit. just let it sit there and hopefully the fish will think he killed it and come back. if you actually got a hook into him (stung him) he's probably not coming back.

snag
02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Nice job on the LMB!

I seem to get more swirls and explosion than I do 'Hook ups' when it come to the Stripers.

Thanks for the report

Good luck out there

Fish-N-Fool
02-09-2009, 06:49 AM
There is no way I can get myself to not pay attention however, Lurk is right on wait until you feel the fish load up your rod.

Tight Lines

matt duarte
02-09-2009, 08:27 AM
right on dude! a lot of the time stripers will swirl around the bait and smack it with there tails before they finaly try to eat the bait...kinda like trying to knock out the fish and eat it while its down... most likely that is the reason you wernt getting hook ups..after the blow up like someone said above let the bait sit there maybe give it one lil twitch and it will get slammed!

ill be out there this weekend for sure! proly be hitting perris though out the week after work as well nice job out there guys!