PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Beach Tubing 6/09/07

theMaverick
06-11-2007, 03:20 PM
fished out of cherry on saturday from low tide to high tide... red tide sucks and there were dead sea slugs washed up on shore... i wish i coulda got a picture of that.. they looked like intestines spread across the floor. anyways fishing was real slow, got a couple sandies off of some rubbers. No Halibut

Wingnut
06-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Maybe they can't really spot your artificial in the red tide. Would bait be better in these conditions?

uandme
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Would bait be better in these conditions?

You bet! or try some scent on ur plastics. live bait would be a good choice while fishing in red tide, the problem is that the live bait wouldn't be alive for too long. :D

halijedi
06-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Pearl white and charteuse, simply killer during red tide conditions. Fish slow and on the bottom.

theMaverick
06-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Would bait be better in these conditions?

You bet! or try some scent on ur plastics. live bait would be a good choice while fishing in red tide, the problem is that the live bait wouldn't be alive for too long. :D

yeah me and my friend would definitely like to use live bait.. but its hard to store that sutff on a tube.. and i think the seals would be after us :? i was using some hot sauce for scent, when i got home today i saw some smelly jelly that i had from the spring bassin.. would that work for the ocean too?

i definitely wanna try some of that unibutter stuff. i hear its the real deal

sansou
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Holy cow!

That water looks nappy!

At least you caught something in that pea soup.

Hitts0n
06-12-2007, 08:42 AM
That stuff does look like some soup ! How does the water get red like that?

SanDimasLMB
06-17-2007, 07:33 PM
That stuff does look like some soup ! How does the water get red like that?

Algea bloom too fast and in great numbers :roll: jk

Nessie Hunter
06-17-2007, 08:12 PM
You might want to try a little ways from the Red Tide..... At least try to avoid it...

Depending on how deep it goes, it depletes the oxygen in the water and fish will seek other areas..

Some times it is only a few feet deep and fish will be below that... Some times the bait fish leave for more oxygen and bigger fish follow... If it runs deep = no fish at all..

There are also toxins in the bloom sometimes that will kill all life...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_tide

FishingOC
06-17-2007, 08:53 PM
The color of the water looks like my toilet bowl after i get the runs.... :lol:

Hitts0n
06-17-2007, 09:36 PM
The color of the water looks like my toilet bowl after i get the runs.... :lol:

lma000000000000 !!