PDA

View Full Version : One is better than none at the duct!

HIghwayPig
02-07-2009, 01:32 PM
So I picked my son up yesterday and told him we'd hit the duct this morning as long as it wasn't raining too hard. I think we would have gone out even if it was though!!!:LOL: So we got out there around 0630 and found our first fish sitting there waiting for us. Someone decided to leave the head of their catfish nailed in the dirt. We got a kick out of it and my boy decided to decorate it with some rocks. Anyway, we had no luck and decided to try a different spot. We got to the second spot around 0830 after a quick breakfast at BK. On my son's second cast all I hear is, "Yeah!!!! I got one!!!!!" By the time I turn around he is already bringing it up the side. Austin said he was watching his Rattle trap coming in when he saw Mr. Stripey strike it. He was only about 10 feet out! Needless to say he was very happy to get rid of his :Skunk: The best part of the day other than his catch was when he told me that he wished that I could cacth one also so I wouldn't have to go home skunked again!! We stayed for awhile longer and each had a couple of chasers but no one else decided to strike. Another great day with my favorite fishing partner!! End result- 1 18" stripey and a happy father and son!!

THROWBACK RANGER
02-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Very nice!!! Good job out there with the kid!!!!

tmartin
02-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Way to go out there guys!

FISHSTIX
02-07-2009, 01:51 PM
congrats to your son, maybe he did some ancient burial trick with the rocks and catfish head and was rewarded with good karma:LOL:. Thanks for sharing!

BIGRED KILLA
02-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Very cool thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred

trail blazer
02-07-2009, 02:09 PM
WTG h,p and jr h,p
LOVE THOSE TRAP STRIPES!!!!!!!!!

MoonLightn
02-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Nice report! Maybe you should ask him for some advice?? lol

HIghwayPig
02-07-2009, 02:18 PM
LOL!!!!!!! Very good, he already said he's my good luck charm! Although, he's the one that catches them!!!!!! I think I will do exactly as he does!!!

Hitts0n
02-07-2009, 03:48 PM
yesssssssssiiirrr it is!:Cool:

fishinone
02-07-2009, 06:07 PM
congrats to your son, maybe he did some ancient burial trick with the rocks and catfish head and was rewarded with good karma:LOL:. Thanks for sharing!

I've got some filleted striper bodies in the freezer waiting to go in the trash on trash day. Maybe I should take them to the duct with me next time.:Big Grin:

fishfinder
02-07-2009, 07:35 PM
nice pic.....

Native Gal
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Congrats to Austin on his nice striper, :Thumbs Up:.

NG
:Envious: