PDA

View Full Version : Peck Park (The Pit)

GRUB SLINGER
02-07-2009, 01:25 PM
It's been a long time since last post (2 years) I been fishing the pit about once a week and as early as 4:30 a.m. on the weekends. It's been a slow winter out there i get maybe 1 or 2 if i'm real persistant, but mosty skunk. Went out yesterday in the rain the water is high an muddy fished for 3 hours pure skunk. {{{{ I'M BACK!!!!!!!}}}}}

smokinflies
02-07-2009, 01:59 PM
It's been a long time since last post (2 years) I been fishing the pit about once a week and as early as 4:30 a.m. on the weekends. It's been a slow winter out there i get maybe 1 or 2 if i'm real persistant, but mosty skunk. Went out yesterday in the rain the water is high an muddy fished for 3 hours pure skunk. {{{{ I'M BACK!!!!!!!}}}}}

don't feel bad about the skunk at the pit. i'm sure that 99.9% of anglers that fish that pit gets skunked. very few manage to pull something out.

the only time i seen good fishing there is during the stockings and that only last for a day.

for some reason i keep going back to that pit just to be skunked :Shocked:

jbassc
02-07-2009, 10:39 PM
don't feel bad about the skunk at the pit. i'm sure that 99.9% of anglers that fish that pit gets skunked. very few manage to pull something out.

the only time i seen good fishing there is during the stockings and that only last for a day.

for some reason i keep going back to that pit just to be skunked :Shocked:

If you dropshot a small worm you will catch a bunch of little 8 inch bass.

Darius
02-08-2009, 05:52 PM
i went there today, and fished for maybe an hour or hour n a 1/2. Caught nothing other than a child molesting french dude who creeped up behind us, then sat and started talking about fishing, he seemed like he spoke about fishing but didnt know ****. Then a tiger fur patterned chiuahua dog came, the the french dude spoke about eating the dog. Next, i got kinda creeped out. He left, so did the so called stray dog. In the end, i'll be back to peck lake, in the end beware of the peck road lake molster. He's about 5'12 french white skind, well dressed, watch your back! no joke, if i didnt have my 12 inch winchester blade and my mexican buddy it woulda been scart.

jbassc
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
i went there today, and fished for maybe an hour or hour n a 1/2. Caught nothing other than a child molesting french dude who creeped up behind us, then sat and started talking about fishing, he seemed like he spoke about fishing but didnt know ****. Then a tiger fur patterned chiuahua dog came, the the french dude spoke about eating the dog. Next, i got kinda creeped out. He left, so did the so called stray dog. In the end, i'll be back to peck lake, in the end beware of the peck road lake molster. He's about 5'12 french white skind, well dressed, watch your back! no joke, if i didnt have my 12 inch winchester blade and my mexican buddy it woulda been scart.

Man peck pit is harmless as a newborn puppy!

Darius
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
ha, harmless.

Dr. MindBendo
02-08-2009, 09:13 PM
ha, harmless.

Yeah don't let the 2 dead bodies on separate occasions they found floating in the water in the past year scare you. :EyePop:

GRUB SLINGER
02-09-2009, 12:36 AM
It can get creepy out there an I would'nt bring my Grandsons,unless I had some friends with me or was ready for action. But the lake has something about it that brings me back alot(lord knows it's not the great fishing!!!!) I think it's the possibilities,the risk u take walking the steep edges,the risk of an encounter,good ,bad ,dangerous,or a big one u seen swim bye. I use to fish Legg Lake alot then oneday I just sat on a bench an watched all the fishermen go bye.... In 1 hour I counted 23 differnt guy's fish the same spot!!!! That's why I fish the Pit, sometimes I don't see any body for hours. Danger-Yes, Risk/Reward-Yes,Maybe A Toad-Yes, Will I be fishing there alot-Hell Yes!!!!

GLOOMISBOY
02-09-2009, 05:55 AM
grub slinger,

i to love the pit...and use to fish it alot...havent in a long time...
here is a tip for some luck...after this cold front..the lake should be at full pool...water way way up....fish the base of the newly submerged brush and trees..the fish tend to come up out of the depts to hunt new areas...

good luck.

jbassc
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah don't let the 2 dead bodies on separate occasions they found floating in the water in the past year scare you. :EyePop:

Man i dont give a dam about dead bodies found if anyone gets crazy with me at peck then will just have to handle it:Guns:dead bodies were found at legg and i still see everyone including kids all over the place.I love to ninja fish and peck is on my list for ninja fishing this spring anyone want to come pm me if not ill go at it alone like ive done plenty of times.

GRUB SLINGER
02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Went to the pit yesterday in the rain, Slung around some worms an grubs no luck. I'll be back on the weekend for somemore punishment!! :Skunk:

smokinflies
02-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Went to the pit yesterday in the rain, Slung around some worms an grubs no luck. I'll be back on the weekend for somemore punishment!! :Skunk:

stopped at the pit during lunch break today. water level is up at least 3 ft.
water condition not so good.