PDA

View Full Version : Bass pro shop bakersfield

Captain Castaic
02-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Anyone know when the new BPS in Bakersfield is set to open....It will make my drive from Castaic shorter then going to the other one in R.C.

Thanks.

c.c.

DEADROOTS
02-07-2009, 09:24 AM
We need a Cabela's instead. Bass Pro products are rather cheaply made. Cabelas products are made a little better. I heard that there is supposed to be one opening in Palmdale or Lancaster.

Captain Castaic
02-07-2009, 09:27 AM
We need a Cabela's instead. Bass Pro products are rather cheaply made. Cabelas products are made a little better. I heard that there is supposed to be one opening in Palmdale or Lancaster.

I agree we need one of those too. I heard last year rumors of one being built in Santa Clarita...dam...guess it was a pipe dream.

C.C.

dockboy
02-07-2009, 04:50 PM
The Cabelas plan for Santa Clarita fell through last year. IMO, probably something to do with the lack of building area and the significant amount of red tape to build in there.
I havent heard much about the Lancaster/Palmdale area, which is my home area. I doubt it though. The area has been hit hard by the current economic slow down. There is plently of building area, but I dont think the customer base is as strong as a Bakersfield or southern LA area location. Plus, with a Sportsman Warehouse in Victorville, the Bass Pro in RC, a busy Sport Chalet, and a potential Bass Pro in Bakersfield, the competition for Cabelas is much stiffer than when Bass Pro moved in a few years ago. Not, however, to say I woouldnt like to see one in the area. Many of products are different and of higher quality than BPS, in their own way.

FISH ON
02-07-2009, 06:05 PM
BPS in bako. not anytime soon. went by the site recently and its still a farm field/pasture. :Angry:

J. Owen
02-07-2009, 07:25 PM
bpr is bako was scheduled for 2007 but my grandparents live up there and i check up on it quite often they havent even started building soo your guess is as good as mine if you are in the area check our bobs bait bucket on chester i think awsome shop

WARRIORMIKE
02-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Bass Pro has let go a ton of employees due to economic hardships.Just recently at the Rancho location they shut down the Embroidery department and Promotions department. In fact the Manager in training for the Lost prevention department was in Texas training for the store when he got a notice saying that they are laying him off. In their Visuals department across the country they kept only 7 out 35 employees.

Times are tough out their!!!

Lightline
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree we need one of those too. I heard last year rumors of one being built in Santa Clarita...dam...guess it was a pipe dream.

C.C.

I agree. Cabelas would be cool.

&ss Pro sucks.

BakoBassin
02-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Last I heard, it was suppose to be finished this month. But obviously that didn't happen.

Captain Castaic
02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys.....dam I guess I just gotta continue the online deal...R.C. is over an hour away and I always spend too much KNOWING I dont plan on coming back anytime soon. At least when I order online I have a bit more control!! lol

C.C.

trail blazer
02-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Last I heard, it was suppose to be finished this month. But obviously that didn't happen.

last year our PAPER said it would be built in 2010 but with the econo the way it is it probably wont happen